Ready to Dress Her Up

antilleybomb

:
Black Cherry Mica 06' MS6
Hey guys. I joined the 24/7 community last year when I bought my Black Cherry Mica 06' MS6 because I was having some *ahem* mod problems. Those issues were quickly taken care of and now that I will be needing new tires soon, I am really itching to dress her up.

Let's just pretend that me being a girl means I need some guidance from my fellow members with their sick rides.

For starters, I am thinking of going with Eibach Pro springs and I am debating on powder coating my OEM wheels or replacing them with the cool ass RX8 wheels. I want my MS6 to have a meaner, more agressive stance so I am asking you all for suggestions. (hear ya)

Thanks in advance...The Mazda Family ROCKS!

I've been planning on powdercoating my OEM wheels for quite some time, i like the spoke design just want them to be black. Just my .02 though

Well, the powder coating looks really good on the white, red, and silver but I am not so sure about the black cherry....

i think the BCM MS6 would look really good if you powdercoated the wheels like the person on here with the name "Bluwheelbeauty" but instead of the blue spokes have them be a maroon-type color.. i think it would be siiick.

I can't stand the stock rims, makes it look like a family car. Bought a set of RX8 wheels yesterday!

Don't get the Eibach springs, they are not meant for our car. Get either RPM or H&R, they were designed for the greater weight we have over the regular 6.

how about a badgless grill?

That process is in the How-To section, right? I really like the MS6 with what looks like a complete grill delete, but I haven't seen a post of whether this is an aftermarket product or a DIY project. Anyone know off hand?

Don't get the Eibach springs, they are not meant for our car. Get either RPM or H&R, they were designed for the greater weight we have over the regular 6.

Thanks for that info! I had noticed alot of members speaking highly of the H&R's. My brother has a Colbalt SS and told me about the Eibach's, but those are probably a better fit for his car since it is not as heavy.

I love this site! You guys all ROCK!(guitar)

If you really are interested in rx8's pm me, I have a set id be willing to sell with half worn tires...got my eye on some gold rotas :)

If you really are interested in rx8's pm me, I have a set id be willing to sell with half worn tires...got my eye on some gold rotas :)

I wish i had of known that lol, just dished out 500 for just rims lol they only have 40km on them.

Hey guys. I joined the 24/7 community last year when I bought my Black Cherry Mica 06' MS6 because I was having some *ahem* mod problems. Those issues were quickly taken care of and now that I will be needing new tires soon, I am really itching to dress her up.

Let's just pretend that me being a girl means I need some guidance from my fellow members with their sick rides.

For starters, I am thinking of going with Eibach Pro springs and I am debating on powder coating my OEM wheels or replacing them with the cool ass RX8 wheels. I want my MS6 to have a meaner, more agressive stance so I am asking you all for suggestions. (hear ya)

Thanks in advance...The Mazda Family ROCKS!

aha! i missed the chance to welcome you, ESPECIALLY since you gots the best MS6 color. EVAR... rareset & bestest. dont mind the haters, thems jealous. :D

Oh definitly a NO on the eibachs. H&Rs, Teins, or RPMs ... or even megans are my suggestion.
I have RPMs, love em. great choice on the wheels, RX8's look shmexy on the MS6 and painted will be even hotter.

dont forget to post up pics somewhere of your ride as you mod it up!

I was looking at springs and decided that if I do get any, the RPM streets would be the way to go for me. I don't want a big drop, because this car does get driven all winter and I don't want to snowplow the roads for the city.

While you're at it though, I would recommend picking up a set of SPC front ball joints and dialing in a proper front (and rear) camber setting. It made a big difference in feel on my car, and had a HUGE impact on the uneven tire wear I had before.

Yes, like others have said, Eibach aren't quite right for the MS6. It'll look good, but corner like ass.

Badgeless grilles are available from a number of sites; NextMod, Speedline, eBay, Corksport (for the real AutoExe carbon fiber one).

I love the color. I think BCM is a very classy color that looks great with tint and dark wheels. I am a big fan of the graphite color that the RX-8 R3 wheels were colored from the factory, and would suggest that. Also, CF looks really good on the BCM color.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for the welcome to the family as well as all of your suggestions.
I "still" can't make up my mind on wheels, although one of the members is running 235/40/18's on the stock wheels and it looks really HOT (and isn't rubbing with his 2" drop) so I am reconsidering the powder coating of the stock wheels and doing the same as him on the tires.
Decisions....decisions....

Give me about a month to get these "upgrades" in place and I will post pics (if I can figure out how the hell to do it)!

OH! One other thing...can anyone tell me where I can purchase the damn cover for the TMIC (besides the dealership)? I have been looking for one of those for 6 months!

Last edited:
Back