Rain + Cars = Accident

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
So I'm on my way to work from home this morning...and a Green Ford Explorer stops suddenly in front of me. I was going slow...maybe 15 mph (I think I was still in 1st gear), so I hit the brakes...began sliding, held down my horn (to let her know I was coming) and hit her at around 5mph.

We pulled over, checked for damage...nada. Not even a scratch. We exchanged insurance info. Luckily, I had my digital camera in the car, and took pics of everything. She was really going on about "insurance", etc etc. I told her that it shouldn't be a problem, as I didn't see ANY damage (cept for my license plate has a small bend in it). I told her that if there were any damage, that my plastic bumper would have been damaged before her metal SUV bumper. BTW, our bumpers barely even lined up. the TOP of an mp3 bumper is the same height as the BOTTOM of an Explorer's bumper.

So after proving to her that the cars were fine, she tells me that she's reporting it to insurance anyway. When I asked why she told me because she was worried about the (4mph) "jolt" that occured, and that she now "had a headache". How lame. I had to hold myself back from laughing. So again, she stopped short, I slid SLOWLY, my plate has a small crease in it...and her car is A-OK. And she's gonna report it. Oh, BTW, she didn't have insurance info on her at the time. That's probably why she didn't call the cops.

:bs:

Just thought I'd share my tale.

Last edited:
You gave her your insurance but didn't get any info on her? Please tell me you got her info. At least a drivers license number or something. If she was gonna complain, you should have called the cops yourself. They would have laughed at her.

cjstringer said:
You gave her your insurance but didn't get any info on her? Please tell me you got her info. At least a drivers license number or something. If she was gonna complain, you should have called the cops yourself. They would have laughed at her.

I have her Phone # and 2 digital pics of her license, and mulitple pics of her license plate.

I didn't want to get the cops involved because I didn't want to make a big thing of it...they'd probably write us both tickets.

Dude, I used to work in insurance claims. She's probably at the doctor's office right now trying to build a claim.

dana, pop your hood, check the crossmember in the front for damages...i hit that dipshit suv, and mine bent in at 4 or 5mph.

That sucks man... sorry to hear that.... I slightly hit someone as well... in the rain with winters on....

She can go to insurance all she wants... there is no damage on either vehicule.. NO REPORT what so ever... so how can she prove that the tap created a headache.. good luck to her...

I wouldn't not have given her any info of mine if she couldn't provide any of hers... and if she had no insurance papers... ha... I would of threatened her to call the cops .. cause she would of got a ticket for that....only because she was complaining of the oh so sore headache... and rear ending someone doesn't get you a ticket... not hear anyways... I mean no damage to either cars... the cops would of laughed....... and if your insurance asks you... Tell them she said she was perfectly fine.... and there was no problems what so ever.... ;) that can be used against her....

Jc

before you start flaming me on you shouldn't lie to your insurance.... well if she can get away with making a false claim... then I automaticaly think I have a right to falsy defend myself as well....

Jc

Kenp1972 said:
Dude, I used to work in insurance claims. She's probably at the doctor's office right now trying to build a claim.

That'd be pretty hard to do. Let's hope NOT

derrick1623 said:
dana, pop your hood, check the crossmember in the front for damages...i hit that dipshit suv, and mine bent in at 4 or 5mph.

Will do man.

JcsMP3 said:
That sucks man... sorry to hear that.... I slightly hit someone as well... in the rain with winters on....

She can go to insurance all she wants... there is no damage on either vehicule.. NO REPORT what so ever... so how can she prove that the tap created a headache.. good luck to her...

I wouldn't not have given her any info of mine if she couldn't provide any of hers... and if she had no insurance papers... ha... I would of threatened her to call the cops .. cause she would of got a ticket for that....only because she was complaining of the oh so sore headache... and rear ending someone doesn't get you a ticket... not hear anyways... I mean no damage to either cars... the cops would of laughed....... and if your insurance asks you... Tell them she said she was perfectly fine.... and there was no problems what so ever.... ;) that can be used against her....

Jc

Doh. Guess I shouldn't have given her my info. The thing is, she asked for mine before I asked for hers. She got mine while I was checking the damage, and then I was like..."well...can I have yours?". She's like "Uh...I don't have it on me...". So I took a pic of her license.

She DID say she was fine, but she said she had a headache. I think it'd be QUITE the stretch to prove that she got "hurt" from the accident. I don't even believe that she got a headache.

Good thing you had the camera with you. It will be much harder for her to prove anything if you have pictures that show no damage to either car.

Kenp1972 said:
Good thing you had the camera with you. It will be much harder for her to prove anything if you have pictures that show no damage to either car.

Yeah, i'm SUPER glad that I carry it in my car at all times.

katsmp3 said:
damn women

I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday, Kat! I was at the Porsche dealership with my friend cause he needed service and this girl drove in with her brand new Audi... She had trashed the bottom of her from bumper by going too fast in her own driveway! Talk about a ditz... she was like "Um, well I didn't know it would do that. Can you just glue it back on?" Women really can't drive (present company excluded). And do you ever notice that women with a lot of money are even worse?

Sorry to hear about your accident Kooldino. I hope it turns out okay, which I'm sure it will. At least you're not hurt, and that's the most important thing. Take care!:)

adragonfly said:

I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday, Kat! I was at the Porsche dealership with my friend cause he needed service and this girl drove in with her brand new Audi... She had trashed the bottom of her from bumper by going too fast in her own driveway! Talk about a ditz... she was like "Um, well I didn't know it would do that. Can you just glue it back on?" Women really can't drive (present company excluded). And do you ever notice that women with a lot of money are even worse?

Sorry to hear about your accident Kooldino. I hope it turns out okay, which I'm sure it will. At least you're not hurt, and that's the most important thing. Take care!:)

HAHHAA, funny post. But the REALLY important part is that my CAR isn't hurt. $0 worth of damage. :)

Derrick: I popped the hood and even had Mazda look at it on my lunch break. Everything is a-ok.

damn, glad to hear its ok, you LUCKY b****! mine aint gonna be fixed till sept 3rd!

adragonfly said:
...(snip)...And do you ever notice that women with a lot of money are even worse?...(snip)...
I've found that it depends how, why, when and where they got their money. :D

Self-made women may know nothing about cars, but they're usually smart enough to avoid looking stupid.

Syzygy said:
I've found that it depends how, why, when and where they got their money. :D

Self-made women may know nothing about cars, but they're usually smart enough to avoid looking stupid.

Well put.

adragonfly said:
(snip) And do you ever notice that women with a lot of money are even worse? (snip)

I find it all depends on if it's her money or if her "sugar daddy" bought it for her. And guys are the same way. People who pay a lot of their own hard earned money usually tend to take much better care of their stuff. However, if rich hubby or someone buys it for them, it usually gets no respect and trashed around. I've worked in the automotive industry for 10 years and see this all the time.
It's a generalization, and there are exceptions to the rule, but for the most part it's true.

was she at least hot? like.. i mean if shes that dumb she obviously she to make it up somewhere else

btw arent all cars/trucks/SUV's supposed to have 5mph bumpers? as in.. they have to take a hit at 5mph with 0 damage. she probably got a headache from haveing a lack of a brain. sorry but i really hate stupid people. i have been in this situation before and the asshole tried to sue me. but in the end i beat that little shithead to the ground in court. he had nothing on me

Back