Radiator upgrades for an automatic transmission

loud3

I've looked at several possible options, but it seems no one makes a bolt up replacement for an automatic Pro5...

Am I missing something?

Mishimoto has a universal cooler for the power steering and transmission, but it requires fab work that I don't really want to deal with.

Anyone have something out there that I haven't come across?

Do autos use a smaller radiator? I didn't think they had a trans cooler stock. The msp radiator will fit but it's expensive

Do autos use a smaller radiator? I didn't think they had a trans cooler stock. The msp radiator will fit but it's expensive

No, they both use the same radiator from what I've seen. The Automatic has a cooler built into the stock radiator. (You'll notice lines in going from the tranny to the radiator.) You can splice in another universal cooler inline withe the current one for more cooling.

I have an automatic. I upgraded to a alum radiator several years ago I also purchased the lgr alum fans as well, got both from protege-garage. this radiator cools alot better than stock. All you need to do is purchase an additional oil cooler for the transmission oil and mount it to the front. its easy. so in short, you can buy any "manual" radiator and add an oil cooler for an "automatic."

the stock automatic trans "cooler" is a joke, its just a single line that runs under your radiator. mounting any type of oil cooler to the front would be an upgrade.

some pics of my radiator install from 2007.

Attachments

• R_Stock Radiator lol.jpg
    R_Stock Radiator lol.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 688
  • R_Alum Radiator.jpg
    R_Alum Radiator.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 685
  • R_Alum Lgr Fans.jpg
    R_Alum Lgr Fans.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 633
  • R_Trans Oil Cooler.jpg
    R_Trans Oil Cooler.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 697
Hayden Transaver Stacked Plate ATF Cooler..................just like in the link above. Simple. Effective.

Last edited:
Back