Racing Seats

damn why 3 sets?! tell me they didnt wear out?!
3 different cars man....No..Torinos are good SHeet!

Thay do sit a bit higher than stock though..and weigh in about 20lbs heavier each as well in the protege.

3 different cars man....No..Torinos are good SHeet!

Thay do sit a bit higher than stock though..and weigh in about 20lbs heavier each as well in the protege.

well thats good to hear!

i dont mind being higher, lower bothers me.

yea they are definitely heavier, but i think the tradeoff is worth it.

I understand (possibly wrong) that there is an option to run a tabbed slider 00493E with ride height adapter (500) on flat base 2044/2045. Or directly on the 2044/45 base with universal sliders 00493. Is this correct? I would prefer to keep them low if they do in fact sit higher than stock, besides I'm 6' tall.

I have to order Monday as I have a new set of RED Torino II's (headbang)
sparco002.jpg

Last edited:
That is correct! You can run the slidders directly on the bases...bit too low for me though. Enjoy, you'll loved them!

But do I have to order a tabbed slider? I would like the option to raise them if I find them too low. If I get the universal slider I can not??

If you want to be able to adjust...then get the "tabbed" style. But I ordered Sparco bases (2044-45) and they can be use with adapter or slidders drirectly on. I think they only have one style now.

Sparco bases (2044-45) X2 from Wedge engineering

Sparco universal slidder's (493's) X2

Sparco 500 adapter: (optional height adjust) X2

Sparco Hardware 50001 x2

Everything above will look like this except the protege base is a little different.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/racing-seats_1984_5131572

BTW...I got the height adapters (493) and I have them on the lowest level which brings the seats below stock height but not too low since I'm only 5'9".

Slidders straight on the base would have been too low but adding the adapter piece at level 1 bumps it up 2-3". I like the feeling of being lower...but also thought of my big friend at 6'1"-6'2" with a helmet on for track days.

Level 1 is perfect but a real pain...if you go that route, some cutting is required...you'll see!

Last edited:
Did anyone ever find out if the The corbeau a4 wides will fit? Im a 36 inch waist on the dot so im not sure if the regular a4s will fit comfortably or not, but on the other hand i cant find if the wides will fit.

Does everybody have a Sparco passenger seat that leans toward the door. The brackets don't seem very level to me. I went with no height adjustment and the are really low. I think I will have to lift them an inch or so.

Slightly yes...the shoulder support does touch/rub the b-pillar where as my driver seat has about 1/4 inch or less of clearance.

Does everybody have a Sparco passenger seat that leans toward the door. The brackets don't seem very level to me. I went with no height adjustment and the are really low. I think I will have to lift them an inch or so.

i took some squared tube w/ holes in it.. about 1x1.. cut it to match the length of the bracket.. and bolted that up..worked pretty well.

One of my bases was bent out of shape when comparing it to the other one side by side....probably during shipping and I had to bend/banged things back. Did all your holes line up? I thought of check the bases first before attaching the seats to them...and I'm glad I did.

Is yours visibly worst then this? This was level 3 and I've since lowered the seats to level 1.

Attachments

• PA070729.JPG
    PA070729.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 179
My driver's side seems a little to far to the left, and it seems like they should be closer to the center of the car about 1/2 an inch or more.

Well I got eight M8x30 bolts today and put 6 1/4" washers between the sliders and the seat bases. I then got 4 M10x30 bolts and put 5 washers (3/8" I think) between the front tabs and the floor. This raised the seat and angled the front so it gives my legs much more support. It worked awesome and cost less than $10. The passenger seat is still tweaked into the pillar and squeeky/squeeky with the vibrations of the car but I did get it better by enlarging the hole that mates to the pin on the tunnel. That allowed me to rotate the seat a bit.

Back