Racing at your favorite private airport strip

That just sounds like someone was still driving like an idiot...5 people in the car..No..he wasn't showing off or nothing.

And where the pics....

Last edited:
It was a kid driving his fathers new M5 with his friends in the car. The car left the runway at over 190mph. He posted on a M5 board that he was taking the car to the airport village.

There is a thread called " Young people and forums" that has been discussing this for a week...

and there are pictures of the car linked somewhere near the beginning....Just don't get lost reading all the bickering of whose at fault for the parents letting the kid drive a 500hp M5...or allowing him access to it...Hell, they M5 Taxi at Neurburging..sp... is a stock M5..

I took part in an autocross in Mass at an airforce base in which there was a long straightaway where you go up to about 60-70 before have to break hard and do a 180. Directly behind this 180 was a main afb road so they put up jersey barriers to separate the road from the track.

This guy had a race prepped Mustang Cobra and he popped a front brake caliper bolt going down the straight. He lost his front brakes and could not stop, plowed into the barriers launching them clear across two lanes, and he as well as two barriers ended up on the far side of the road. Luckily, there were a bunch of military guys sitting on the barriers watching the races and they all scrambled to safety.

The Mass state police came out as well as two of the afb fire engines to survey the scene. There was no fire and the car had a full roll cage, five point harness, and air bags. The guy was also wearing a helmet. Fortunately, there were no injuries and this was the last time the club was allowed to use the base due to liability concerns.

I guess one never knows when something like this can happen even in a 'safe/race' environment. Then again, there are far too many people in the world who lack common sense and get into trouble because of it - sometimes death resulting. Very unfortunate.

this kid was driving a 500hp M5 at 18 years old at 3AM after partying. all the kids in the car had several traffic violations ranging from speeding to wreckless driving. it's not so much an accident as a very sad consequence.

EDIT: i didn't realize this was my first post, huh, i coulda found something better to pop my cherry on than this

There is a thread called " Young people and forums" that has been discussing this for a week...

and there are pictures of the car linked somewhere near the beginning....Just don't get lost reading all the bickering of whose at fault for the parents letting the kid drive a 500hp M5...or allowing him access to it...Hell, they M5 Taxi at Neurburging..sp... is a stock M5..

Its the parents Fault, they were irresponsible to give the keys to the 18 year old....

Here we go AGAIN....

This is pretty much old news and was talked about for more than 9 pages on another post...

It was a kid driving his fathers new M5 with his friends in the car. The car left the runway at over 190mph. He posted on a M5 board that he was taking the car to the airport village.

your an idiot.. it went off the strip at -130mph...skid marks at the end of the strip suggested that the car went airborn sideways. Car didnt hit 170 on that strip, nevermind 190..

your an idiot.. it went off the strip at -130mph...skid marks at the end of the strip suggested that the car went airborn sideways. Car didnt hit 170 on that strip, nevermind 190..

Its very unfortunate to say that you are just as immature as the child who was doing donuts with mats under his wheels. Seriously grow up, calling someone an idiot will not make your dick grow any bigger.

If you find someone saying something you find is incorrect than tell them in an appropriate manner who knows maybe he knows something you don't. What your parents didn't teach you how to respect people or were your parents just disappointed after giving birth to you?

That just sounds like someone was still driving like an idiot...5 people in the car..No..he wasn't showing off or nothing.

And where the pics....

Here are some pics i found

Attachments

• guys.jpg
    guys.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 116
  • m5wreck.jpg
    m5wreck.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 119
  • m5wreck2.jpg
    m5wreck2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 125