Quick question

flipmode815

:
mazda, mp3, #908
So I just got done putting in a motor, when i put the key in all lights came on and everything seemed fine. When I turned the key to try and start it everything suddenly went off, tried to use jumper cables and still nothing. So what could it be that's causing this? I checked fuses and they all look fine.

So I just got done putting in a motor, when i put the key in all lights came on and everything seemed fine. When I turned the key to try and start it everything suddenly went off, tried to use jumper cables and still nothing. So what could it be that's causing this? I checked fuses and they all look fine.

Could be bad battery terminals being loose or the wires are bad and cant take that much load. Check those out if not let me know.

Sometimes if the jumper cables aren't on correctly that could happen take the battery to auto zone if you have one they'll check it

As mentioned earlier in the thread.

1) bad/dead battery <- take it upto autozone and get a charge put on it and or tested
2) bad/lose/dirt battery connections or all of the above
3) bad battery cables (generally only happens on older cars and trucks)
4) jumper cables dont have a good clean connection
5) jumper cables can just be complete crap( yes I have ran into that before.. 3 yr old walmart specials )

Did you check the main fuse? Did you check any fuses?

Did you check the main fuse? Did you check any fuses?

Didn't he already check the fuses? however we don't know if he checked both set of fuses either.

OP,
Go into more detail on this please but what do you mean by "everything suddenly went off"? Just all the dash lights ect..ect.. After they "suddenly" went off.

Did you get lights again when you tried starting it again?
Did you get lights when having the jumpers connect?
Did the needles on the gauges go nuts when you tried starting the car?
Did you hear any clicking noises what so ever?

Well after leaving my battery with autozone for 48hrs it seems the batt is dead. Makes me mad cuz this is the 2nd optima battery in 3 years that has gone bad, and I dont even have a sound system in my ride.

Back