Quick question for the hitch experts...

chief_wiggum

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT
I'll be using it for a bike rack only (no towing), I see the three options at etrailer.com and i understand that for the most part, they're the same. My question; the Draw-Tite (cheapest) says it does not come with drawbar, pin and clip (sold separately), I don't really need those anyway, right? I'll use the pin that comes with the bike rack (or the locking one I'll purchase separately)?

Thanks for your assistance.

Correct. If you're using it just for a bike rack the draw bar will be extraneous, and the correct pin and clip will come with the rack.

After putting hitches on my Miata, MPV, Mustang and P5, I have a couple of completely un-needed, un-used drawbars knocking around the garage! :(

Correct. If you're using it just for a bike rack the draw bar will be extraneous, and the correct pin and clip will come with the rack.

After putting hitches on my Miata, MPV, Mustang and P5, I have a couple of completely un-needed, un-used drawbars knocking around the garage! :(

Excellent, thank you for your help! Time to pull the trigger on this one.

UPDATE;

The hitch has arrived; should get around to installing it this weekend.

Last edited:
Update; hitch installed and bike rack arrived. Thanks for all the input and assistance -- the forum comes through again!

hitch2.jpg

hitch1t.jpg

Back