Questions about lowering

to align the front just turn the nuts on the steering arms. use a ruler and a tape measure check the angle of both wheels. that ogsk8er dude has a how to on youchoob.

as for the back I'm 90% sure you cant really adjust them with out adjustable rear links. or unless you get violent with it lol.. this also means that lowerin the rear should not change toe in\out

IMO unless you need to see your read outs getting a shop to alight you is a waste..

That might do it. Provided you have enough air to it. Took me a lil while to do mine cause with a lil mushroom air tank I only got one good spin out if it. Lol and as a side not the rear of our cars is adjustable. Mine was adjusted after drop. Good luck man!

When I put the new springs in, will I need new endlinks? I don't necessarily want to replace them if I don't have too. But if I do, I'm going with the ford escape 2002 links. Any advice is appreciated.

When I put the new springs in, will I need new endlinks? I don't necessarily want to replace them if I don't have too. But if I do, I'm going with the ford escape 2002 links. Any advice is appreciated.

Sometimes the end links will be seized, so it's a good idea to buy some just in case and return them if you don't need it. I replaced my front ones before even lowering (they were clunking). So when I was about to lower my car I only bought the rear ones just in case. Turned out I didn't need them so I returned the links

Sometimes the end links will be seized, so it's a good idea to buy some just in case and return them if you don't need it. I replaced my front ones before even lowering (they were clunking). So when I was about to lower my car I only bought the rear ones just in case. Turned out I didn't need them so I returned the links

Thanks for the advice! What links did you get?

Thanks for the advice! What links did you get?

For the front ones I got moog brand for a ford escape. The rears I forgot.. I think also moog but made for the protege, so stock but aftermarket but I returned it

The ford escape ones have been holding up great, no complaints. I think a lot of people use that one

How much did the moog ones run you if you don't mind me asking? And where did you get them?

it was about $25 each vs $50 for Mazda ones

I bought them at a place called Parts Source, i don't think you guys have it in the states but i guess it's equivalent to pep boys/auto zone?

it was about $25 each vs $50 for Mazda ones

I bought them at a place called Parts Source, i don't think you guys have it in the states but i guess it's equivalent to pep boys/auto zone?

I'll have to look into that, thank you!

I had to use escape links when I lowered my car, my stock links would bind up on cv axles. I would imagine you would be ok with stocks. But on other hand escape links where half the price of stock ones, plus escape links are so much thicker! As for rears I have no idea due to I did not need new ones, but my stocks clear just fine. :)

I had to use escape links when I lowered my car, my stock links would bind up on cv axles. I would imagine you would be ok with stocks. But on other hand escape links where half the price of stock ones, plus escape links are so much thicker! As for rears I have no idea due to I did not need new ones, but my stocks clear just fine. :)

Do you remember where you bought them? I want to buy them locally if I can to avoid shipping time/cost.

to align the front just turn the nuts on the steering arms. use a ruler and a tape measure check the angle of both wheels. that ogsk8er dude has a how to on youchoob.

as for the back I'm 90% sure you cant really adjust them with out adjustable rear links. or unless you get violent with it lol.. this also means that lowerin the rear should not change toe in\out

IMO unless you need to see your read outs getting a shop to alight you is a waste..

this is quite incorrect lol actually you can align the rears with the bolts on the lateral links-rear subframe

as for sway links, your stock ones will be fine. unless you lower it quite a bit in which case you need adjustable end links which can be had from AWR

I can't remember what I paid for them without my records, but that sounds right. I believe I bought mine from oreallys. Don't buy from autozone as to they will not be moog parts. Moog has a lifetime warranty and has never let me down! As for adjustable links, from what I have read and been told is to not buy them due to they wear fast. They are more meant for track use and not for long. But that's what I hear of course. I'm really happy with my moog escape links! Work great!

I can't remember what I paid for them without my records, but that sounds right. I believe I bought mine from oreallys. Don't buy from autozone as to they will not be moog parts. Moog has a lifetime warranty and has never let me down! As for adjustable links, from what I have read and been told is to not buy them due to they wear fast. They are more meant for track use and not for long. But that's what I hear of course. I'm really happy with my moog escape links! Work great!

And getting those will stop all of the bumps? It only bumps at low speeds, once I get going it stops.

How about when you turn your car while driving! Does it get louder? Or is it just a loud rattle when hitting a bump?

Back