Question after replace new windshield on CX-5

Thesun11

:
Mazda CX-5
My windshield cracked and got replacement 2 days ago. I got the service from local place. They put the glass from Pilkington company. Did anybody know about the quality of the glass from this company? I feel like it didn't fit quite perfect in the corner of the windshield. Did it will causes of problem in the future? After he took the crack windshield out I saw two little white plastics like in the picture. I saw he took it out and didn't put it back. Did anyone know what is that for? Is it ok if don't have it? (The glass man he is Spanish, he can't speak English very well. Also my car is the first CX-5 that he working on. Normally he work on Honda or Chrysler.)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 402
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    612.8 KB · Views: 403
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    832.3 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    677.6 KB · Views: 324
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 387
Looks like a terrible job to me. But to be fair, I don't know that you should be making negative comments about his English speaking skills given your English writing skills. :)
Next time you should probably go with a well known company, whether local or national. And someone with a good warranty that is likely to be in business long enough to honor it if needed.
Have you tested it for leaks? If not, go to a self-service car wash and spray high pressure water at all parts of the windshield and look for leaks.

Looks like a terrible job to me. But to be fair, I don't know that you should be making negative comments about his English speaking skills given your English writing skills. :)
Next time you should probably go with a well known company, whether local or national. And someone with a good warranty that is likely to be in business long enough to honor it if needed.
Have you tested it for leaks? If not, go to a self-service car wash and spray high pressure water at all parts of the windshield and look for leaks.

Thank you I will do it.

Does not look like a good job to me either.
You are right to be concerned. I assume you already paid the man. Now, it could be more difficult to make it right.

Back