Question about my rims after I had new tires put on?

MSPFAY.AR

:
03 Black Mica MSP
Friday I bought new tires and had them put on. After I got home I noticed that on all of the rims the inside of the rim was all scratched up? IT is in the same pattern on all of the wheels. Its about a two-three inch rectangle on the inside of the rim. I am trying to remember what was on the inside of the stock racing harts that they would have scrapped off? I think it was the weights? I was wondering if anyone else noticed this after having new tires put on or if you know what they scrapped off?

For anyone that wants to know I got Toyo Proxes 4's 215/45 17. I haven't really had a chance to test them out yet, but they seem to be a good tire so far. In the few instances that I have tested them they seem to grip just as well as the stock tires. It has been raining this weekend and they did a great job in the rain unlike the stock tires. They are a pretty quite tire and you cant feel as many of the bumps in the road like I did with the stock tires. My only gripe would be that they are heavier than the stock tires and seem to slow up the car a little bit, but that is to be expected since they are all season tires. They also seem to pull to the left a lot more than the stock tires did?

yeah that recatngle is from the weights. but they should have been put back on right? Mine have the scratch marks, but the wieghts are in a new location about two inches next to were they used to be.

About the pulling.. I don't know man. I've got 2 Proxes 4 on my car and 2 stock potenzas. When the Toyos are in front the car doesn't pull at all, when the bridgestones are in front the car pulls to the right.

try rotating your tires and see if that helps your pull. If so it could be a bent rim or tire pull. If you car still pulls to the left try getting an alignment.

Yeah I assumed it was from the weights, but I dont see where they put any weights back on the tire? Im not sure if they balanced the tires or just pulled the old weights off. Maybe they forgot to balance the tires and that is why they want to pull to the left?? I dont know?? Any thoughts.... Oh and I had all of the tires replaced so I dont know if rotating them would help.... IT doesn't pull real bad it will just pull to the left if you let go of the steering wheel (didn't do it before new tires) or if you aren't paying attention and have a loose grip on the steering wheel. Thanks for the replies

MSPFAY.AR said:
Yeah I assumed it was from the weights, but I dont see where they put any weights back on the tire? Im not sure if they balanced the tires or just pulled the old weights off. Maybe they forgot to balance the tires and that is why they want to pull to the left?? I dont know?? Any thoughts.... Oh and I had all of the tires replaced so I dont know if rotating them would help.... IT doesn't pull real bad it will just pull to the left if you let go of the steering wheel (didn't do it before new tires) or if you aren't paying attention and have a loose grip on the steering wheel. Thanks for the replies

You would notice if they were not ballanced ... tires are never in balance from the factory and you would have found a new fun VIBRATION about 30 - 50 MPH if they wernt. If they were really bad off they would have shaken the teeth out of your head ... HAHA

MSPFAY.AR said:

Does the pulling happen when you hit turbo ... or when your jammin it ... its the torque steer ... the car has a ton of it. Mine drives me crazy.

I dont have any of the vibration. ITs not the torque steer. I am talkin about goin a constant speed not hittin turbo. If you were to let go of the steering wheel it pulls to the left. I thought it was just tracking the road but it does it on level non bumpy surfaces as well??? The factory tires would continue to go straight unless i hit a bump in the road. Or even if you dont have a tight grip on the steering wheel it wants to pull to that side (at constant speed). I have had the car since may 03 and put 23,000 miles on the stock tires ect... So I am used to the torque steer and any other little quirks it has. Thanks for the info everyone...

MSPFAY.AR said:
I dont have any of the vibration. ITs not the torque steer. I am talkin about goin a constant speed not hittin turbo. If you were to let go of the steering wheel it pulls to the left. I thought it was just tracking the road but it does it on level non bumpy surfaces as well??? The factory tires would continue to go straight unless i hit a bump in the road. Or even if you dont have a tight grip on the steering wheel it wants to pull to that side (at constant speed). I have had the car since may 03 and put 23,000 miles on the stock tires ect... So I am used to the torque steer and any other little quirks it has. Thanks for the info everyone...

Sounds like an alignment issue ... but why that would show up after a tire change i dont know. I usually get my car aligned when i get new tires, but the 2 dont have a lot to do with each other. New tires can sometimes put the car out of alignment ... but it usually has to do more with changing the ride height by putting on smaller wall tires.

Latest posts

Back