question about MSP turbo on P5

mofoaka

hey guys, okay i was wondering if the MSP turbo manifold has the o2 bung because i know that there are two sensors on the regular proteges and one of them is on the manifold.. so would the MSP turbo manifold work on the stock proteges?? oh and does it have internal or external waste gate? thanks!

manifold would work great and its an internal wg. but if you want power... dont use the msp stuff. there is a guy on here that did the msp conversion in his p5... someone help me out as to who it was...

peace- trav

There was one kit selling on ebay for about 2$,200 WITH a FMIC Upgrade. And everything was brand new.

yah i was lookin at the ebay turbo kit with the hard pipes and IC.. i was planning to get that and get the AEM phantom from wagner.. i know it needs the BOV but thanks for your guy's help! i'll contact 1fastp5

mofoaka said:
hey guys, okay i was wondering if the MSP turbo manifold has the o2 bung because i know that there are two sensors on the regular proteges and one of them is on the manifold.. so would the MSP turbo manifold work on the stock proteges?? oh and does it have internal or external waste gate? thanks!
yes, the msp mani has an o2 bung right in the mani. and im pretty damn happy with the power!.... not at stock boost but @ 10-12 psi pulls really nice. i will have dyno#'s soon prob next weekend or so. with just the msp turbo set to 9 psi,cams,full cat less exshust and intake i was running 14.1 @ 100mph...
im runing again this weekend with some real tires and a dual stage boost control so ill let you know what the results are.....to bad it's only 1/8:(

yup guys, i'm going to the darkside! got the MSP turbo with custom IC pipes and IC on ebay =D all i need now is a bov and fuel management? what do u guys recommend thats easy to deal with? i wanna make around 170whp do u think FMU is able to do that? or should i buy a piggy back? feed back please guys. appreciate it!

mofoaka said:
yup guys, i'm going to the darkside! got the MSP turbo with custom IC pipes and IC on ebay =D all i need now is a bov and fuel management? what do u guys recommend thats easy to deal with? i wanna make around 170whp do u think FMU is able to do that? or should i buy a piggy back? feed back please guys. appreciate it!
Well... I think it will depend on how much more money can you afford. But if 170whp is what you looking for.

The FMU is a good way to go AND! the FM O2 modifier if you want to boost reliable on mild acceleration. Without the FM mod, you can go into boost and not enough fuel will be injected It may cause detonation and high temps.

mofoaka said:
just get the msp ecu and call it a day!

lol would ya like to sell me urs? =Dany of you guys would like to suggest me what kind of FMU should i get?? flyin protege? or wagner?

FM Protege sells one of the best. More like the Super FMU from vortech. Those are the best if you want to work your base fuel pressure too.

Of just the simple FMU which is not so tunnable.

one last question, what kind of turbo does the msp come with? gt25 ballbearing? or just a regular t25? i've been trying find out reading the msp forums but all i read is yes no yes no SR20det blahblah.. so is it or is it not gt25 ballbearing turbo? thanks!

it is ball bearing, but not the renowned "GT25"...It's just a standard T25 with a ball bearing center section.

thanks! clears a lot of things up, so what's the difference between our t25 and the "gt25"?
okay so i'm aiming for a 2.5 catback, the stock cats for now.. a vortech 10:1 FMU, O2 signal modifier, MBC, and a greddy type S BOV. what kind of boost should i run?? 6-8psi good with the vortech 10:1 and O2 signal modifier for approx 170whp??

Last edited:
You might be around 170 whp if you eliminate your cats, or get a high flow.

Honestly, I do not know the specific differences between the MSP T25 and the GT25. I think the GT25 has reinforced compressor wheels and reinforced other stuff, I'm not too sure, lol.

However, unless you are getting an MSP setup from somewhere for cheap, I would try to source out a T28; a bit bigger, yet won't have much more lag than the T25.

edit: Forgot to mention, it will bolt up to the MSP turbo manifold :)

yah i got the oem manifold with oem turbo plus IC pipes and IC for $1750 i'm thinking that's pretty good since all pipes fit and shizzy.. so how much are t28.. MAN THIS SUCKS... i'm already thinking about more boost when i dont even have boost yet..

Planned set up for now: OEM manifold +turbo IC pipes and IC
vortech 10:1 FMU and O2signal modifier

do you think that cat downpipe wagner produces for N/A proteges will fit the turbo?.. come to think about it, will the manifold and turbo fit the stock exhaust of the N/A proteges?

I am not sure how the Protege exhaust works, I would assume that everything is the same after the downpipe. I know on the old MX-6's the midpipe back was the same for N/A and turbo models.

And don't worry too much about the T28, the T25 will be just fine; it's efficient to about 15 psi which can provide a lot of fun.

When do you think you're going to get started putting everything on?

Back