question about MSP turbo on P5

will the manifold and turbo fit the stock exhaust of the N/A proteges?[/QUOTE]
yes it will.....the ''s'' looking down pipe that comes off the turbo will bolt right to the factory p5 down pipe section.

thank you very much! i love this forum, great support! the shipping date says i'll be getting the kit by monday april 19th, i want to do the install myself, mechanical work is no problem for me, only thing holding me back is the FMU install, messing with ECU for the O2 signal modi. oh, should i go ahead and get a new gasket for the oilpan when i put the flange on for the oil receiver?

mofoaka said:
thank you very much! i love this forum, great support! the shipping date says i'll be getting the kit by monday april 19th, i want to do the install myself, mechanical work is no problem for me, only thing holding me back is the FMU install, messing with ECU for the O2 signal modi. oh, should i go ahead and get a new gasket for the oilpan when i put the flange on for the oil receiver?
Hmm, I am not sure about getting a new gasket. When I put a turbo on my MX-6 I just drilled the pan without taking it off and ran some oil through it to get all of the shavings, but a gasket can't cost too much so I say go for it.

And I do not think you will have a problem at all putting this on yourself. It really isn't that hard to do.

Good luck, and you best be keeping us posted on the progress :)

mofoaka said:
one thing i got to warn you about!!! on the oil return line running from the msp turbo to the oil pan make sure that it is recirulating properly. the msp block has a section that is taped for the oil return line right above the oil pan..... so if you tap the oil pan the oil will return at a lower point and could cause you to burn oil or overheat the turbo. i was going to tap the oil pan on my msp set up, but then after looking closer into things.... i decided not to. since i had the whole msp motor i removed the section taped for the oil return line from my other motor and used it. so in my case im set up just like any other msp out there...except for the bad vac & boost lines!
(wiggle)

ahh thanks, you got any pictures of it? so i can make sure to know where to tap it, to make things clear, when you said " removed the section taped for the oil return line from my other motor and used it. so in my case im set up just like any other msp out there.." does that mean you just used the old tap from the MSP block and put it on to ur stock block without drilling the oilpan? or did you have to?

1FASTMP5 said:
one thing i got to warn you about!!! on the oil return line running from the msp turbo to the oil pan make sure that it is recirulating properly. the msp block has a section that is taped for the oil return line right above the oil pan..... so if you tap the oil pan the oil will return at a lower point and could cause you to burn oil or overheat the turbo. i was going to tap the oil pan on my msp set up, but then after looking closer into things.... i decided not to. since i had the whole msp motor i removed the section taped for the oil return line from my other motor and used it. so in my case im set up just like any other msp out there...except for the bad vac & boost lines!
(wiggle)

mofoaka said:
ahh thanks, you got any pictures of it? so i can make sure to know where to tap it, to make things clear, when you said " removed the section taped for the oil return line from my other motor and used it. so in my case im set up just like any other msp out there.." does that mean you just used the old tap from the MSP block and put it on to ur stock block without drilling the oilpan? or did you have to?
ill try to snap a pic for you tomorrow! k

1FASTMP5 said:
(wiggle)
That would be the best way to go. However, remember, many kits are made to tap into the oil pan so if you are unable to get the MSP tapped line, then don't worry too much about going into your oil pan.

understood *nods* thank you all very much!

i will keep you all posted because i have digicam thank god, and i will be taking pictures of some progress!

you are so lucky, yah i couldn't get a hold of a MSP ecu, how much was it anyways? the MSP ecu.. haha anyone wanan trade for a p5 ecu? and i'll put in money for the difference??

1FASTMP5 said:
(wiggle)
This part you speak of is the MBSP (Main Bearing Support Plate) that has the oil return fitting on it. The FS engines have MBSP to strengthen the bottom end against crank walk. All the FS engines have it, it's just that the MSP's have the oil return line built into theirs.

so this MBSP, will i be able to tap into this? to return the fuel?

LinuxRacr said:
This part you speak of is the MBSP (Main Bearing Support Plate) that has the oil return fitting on it. The FS engines have MBSP to strengthen the bottom end against crank walk. All the FS engines have it, it's just that the MSP's have the oil return line built into theirs.

mofoaka said:
so this MBSP, will i be able to tap into this? to return the fuel?
The MBSP has nothing to do with the fuel system. What I'm saying is that the MBSP for the MSP has the OIL-Return fitting already built in, so you don't have to tap the oil pan at all. I hope this clears up any confusion. :)

oops sorry about that.. yea i meant oil. my bad. Yes it does clear a lot of things for me THANKS!

Last edited:
If you can get the MBSP, do that. I recently installed the MSP setup including ecu in my es. First I tapped the oil pan and ran into the oil burning issue. The MSP turbo sits so low and oil backs up easily into the turbo, dosen't smell to good either. I got the MBSP and installed that (a b**** of an install having to move the damn tranny). No more burning oil. I'm currenly hooking up a delfi boost gauage, and rerunning the stock bpv vaccum line, and the wastgate vaccum line to their own vaccum source off the brake booster line.

I dove the car last night for the first time and after an hour or so of running and 20 miles, I got a check engine light. I tried to put a mil eliminator in I built from Radio Shack on the 2nd o2. I'm hopping that that didn't work and that's what the light is from. I'm not running an intercooler, but I do have the injen cai and it was ~50 degrees out so I don't think it's detnation. I also installed a set of boosch plugs (can't remember which ones, but the places computer said they were for the msp) gapped at the msp specs.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

LinuxRacr said:
yes.....thats it! i didnt know what it's called. thank you
so you think others that dont have this part could tap in the same place? i was going to but ended up getting the msp mbsp and used it.

I think it would be possible to tap the original MBSP if you have or are an extreamly talented welder. It would be difficult to wled some type of structure in the limited amount of space and not leak oil. If you can, get the msp MBSP.

Back