Question about 2021 CX-9 Carbon Bose subwoofer

Hi there! I just bought a secondhand '21 Carbon this Saturday and am loving it. I am not sure if the Carbon Editions come standard with the spare tire subwoofer or not (mine does not currently have it). I have dug around Bose's webpage related to this system, MazdaUSA's site, various Mazda dealerships' landing pages referencing this system, and some YT reviews of the system, and I can't seem to figure out if it should have it or not. Luckily for me, I bought it from a dealership, so if it should have come standard, I probably have a leg to stand on with asking them to get me one. Can anyone help!

MazdaUSA's builder shows that the CE is supposed to come with the subwoofer. See below:

To know for sure if your car is supposed to have it or not, check the speaker grilles on the door panels and on the dash. If there are Bose markings or placards on them, then the Bose spare-mounted subwoofer should have been included (assuming the previous owner didn't remove it from the vehicle before selling it to the dealership). If there are no Bose markings, then you have the base system (no subwoofer in the spare).

Awesome! it absolutely has the Bose system. The good news is that the dealership owned the vehicle for its entire life, it served as a loaner vehicle for them. Fingers crossed they accept ownership of the mistake.

Back