Pulls to the right

EGGDOG

Just picked up a great deal on a used Protege5. Great little car, love it so far. Anyways it has the stock Dunlops on it and for the life of me I have a pretty serious pull to the right. It has been into Mazda for a alignment check and everything is right. There is no unusual wear on the tires. Mazda is telling me it is the tires. Anyone else have this pulling to the right?

IF the alignment is ok, then it must be the tires... but how well do you trust the dealership?

you might want another opinion

EGGDOG said:
Just picked up a great deal on a used Protege5. Great little car, love it so far. Anyways it has the stock Dunlops on it and for the life of me I have a pretty serious pull to the right. It has been into Mazda for a alignment check and everything is right. There is no unusual wear on the tires. Mazda is telling me it is the tires. Anyone else have this pulling to the right?
Well, this car tends to follow the curvature of the road. That means if the road is not completely flat (most roads are curved somewhat to allow water to flow off the roads), the car will pull/drift to the lower side.

Douggie said:
Well, this car tends to follow the curvature of the road. That means if the road is not completely flat (most roads are curved somewhat to allow water to flow off the roads), the car will pull/drift to the lower side.
had a similar situation, car pulls to left during test drive, but the road itself is not flat, left side lower. however, after i got a new set of tires with a wheel balance - oops i mean alignment, it's kinda much better.

Last edited:
i have that problem right now!!, except my tires are perfect its just my allignment is horrible, but i have no money so i cant go get it realligned, i wish i was rich!

Check the tire pressure. Mine pulled right, it had 40 in the left tire and 32 in the right. If it still pulls, swap the tires right to left. If it pulls left, then its the tire.

Back