Protege5 Radiator and Cooling System Upgrades?

Somebody used to make a radiator upgrade but forgot the name....japanese

ahh.........MISHIMOTO. I have a mishimoto radiator cap that has temp built in.
Mishimoto cap.jpg

There is also JDM radiator cap with different bar pressure and different temp oem thermostats and different fans. IIRC there was some racing setup of some sort as well. Dang cobwebs, lol.........

Last edited:
Somebody used to make a radiator upgrade but forgot the name....japanese

ahh.........MISHIMOTO. I have a mishimoto radiator cap that has temp built in.
View attachment 302525

There is also JDM radiator cap with different bar pressure and different temp oem thermostats and different fans. IIRC there was some racing setup of some sort as well. Dang cobwebs, lol.........
Thanks, good to hear some input about this.

My research comes to only Mishimoto for radiator and fan shroud, nothing about the hoses though. I was hoping to hear recommendations on other brands and parts available.

Samco silicon hoses are what i'm running.....come in several colors. Stayed with black on mine. They match the silicone elbows on my air intake.

Are you trying to solve something in particular that the OEM system can't cool properly or are you looking for red color coded hoses?

Are you trying to solve something in particular that the OEM system can't cool properly or are you looking for red color coded hoses?
I'm the type who upgrades when something needs to be replaced. So if and when the OEM radiator decides to crap out at some point, I'd like to know my options.

Back