Protege 5 US vs Canada market - parts related

beavisrulz

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
Hello all!

I have a 2003 Protege 5 that I am looking to buy some used parts for to fix her up, mainly because I don't have a lot of money right now. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the US market vs the Canada market when this model was released? I found a part that I need for a decent price, but the owner is in Canada, and I want to make sure that it would be compatible with my US market version. It is the passenger headlight assembly. Mine is cracked.

Thanks for your input!

Beavis

Watch out for shipping. It might make a good deal a whole lot more expensive shipping across the border. Also, I believe P5 headlights from canada used black surrounds whereas the USDM used chrome.

If just the lens is cracked, you could buy a cheaper headlight from a normal protege and just bake the lens off. Then you could swap it to yours, as I'm fairly sure the clear lens is the same.

Is one considered more valuable? I have a thread for a parts car from Canada that I'm parting out....the prices on the net are all over the place. I want to give a good fair price but don't want to give them away. Shipping will only be around $20

Thoughts on headlight pricing, are some more valuable than others?

Is one considered more valuable? I have a thread for a parts car from Canada that I'm parting out....the prices on the net are all over the place. I want to give a good fair price but don't want to give them away. Shipping will only be around $20

Thoughts on headlight pricing, are some more valuable than others?
Yeah, I think I asked about those but didn't see a reply. Do you still have them?

As far as differences between USDM & CDM, weren't there also DRL's in Canadian ones?

Yeah, I think I asked about those but didn't see a reply. Do you still have them?

As far as differences between USDM & CDM, weren't there also DRL's in Canadian ones?

DRL is just a module under the dash that sends just enough power to light the bulbs. No difference in the physical headlight, except color. OP scratchnsniff might have what you need and hes in the US.

Thanks, I'll check with him too. Not gonna mess with switchin s*** around to use the black sedan housings I got............

Back