prosport wideband just gave out

Zack

:
1996 Pontiac Trans Am--2003.5 MSP
so I wired in my wideband for power only(still needed to get the o2 bung welded in) and it operated fine. noticed it cut in and a few times but stayed on. then after being off for a few hours it did not go back on when I started the car up. tapping on it as I did before did nothing. I soldered the connections to the same wires ive got my prosport boost gauge wired to and thats still working fine. I looked over the wideband wiring and noticed some exposed parts taht could have pressed against the a pillar and shorted out but would the gauge itself be done?

Unless you have the money to keep buying electrical gauges, just stick with mechanical....Obviously like the Wideband there is no mechanical option, but when it comes to something like that, you get what you pay for.

I say suck it up and buy a LC-1 or a AEM UEGO.

Mechanical boost would be the only mechanical gauge I would ever recommend..

As for Prosport gauges, they do indeed suck.. but they're cheap and look crazy good. I would talk to them, they've been very helpful in regards to replacing my fried boost and oil pressure senders when they burnt out.

Well that's great news for me. Only gauges I bought were a mechanical Autometer Boost Gauge (which I dropped so now it reads ~1 psi more than what I'm actually running), and the Prosport Wideband. I've noticed when I jam on the gas, the readings seem to be a little delayed. Is this normal? Or just a sign that it sucks?

Back