Problem: Fog Lights

SKY

:
Mazdaspeed3
Anyone have problems with their fogs lights?

i changed my stock H7 bulbs with PIAA Crystal Yellow about 2-3 years ago....it works good until they doesnt light up anymore.

I thought the PIAA bulbs burnt out, but after some check up, it seems the problesm comes from the fuse...it doesnt drive any power from the fuse to fog...

Anyone have similiar problem?

Is our fogs built exactly as they have on P5?

hey,Sky,how are you man,i ve been out for quit a time,but i am back,for the problem you face here,try to look into the section with the mazda shop manual,its probably your fog light relay that is broken,stucked on closed position,if that is,get yourself a new relay at any electronic store,it must be a 4 pins type,12 volts,probably a 20 or 30 amps.....like most of the cars....if i remember right,it is located near the drl control module,under the left side of the dash board,just over your clutch pedal.....take care buddy...

Last edited:
Hi Pat....how are you?

yeah, we checked that already..and still don't know why there is no power.

SKY said:
Hi Pat....how are you?

yeah, we checked that already..and still don't know why there is no power.

i am great,i was out for work for a time,but back,home sweet home,so you dont have any power to the relay,and the fuses box,and the fogs...must be something wrong with the wiring,have you tried to unhook the power wires from the relay,you should have two...one 12 volts constant,and one 12 volts on the accessorie wire coming from the lights switch,if no power on either ones,well you will have to investigate further,or simply rewire the hole thing aside from the oem connections...if you need help or advice,dont hesitate my friend....take care...

patmaz said:
i am great,i was out for work for a time,but back,home sweet home,so you dont have any power to the relay,and the fuses box,and the fogs...must be something wrong with the wiring,have you tried to unhook the power wires from the relay,you should have two...one 12 volts constant,and one 12 volts on the accessorie wire coming from the lights switch,if no power on either ones,well you will have to investigate further,or simply rewire the hole thing aside from the oem connections...if you need help or advice,dont hesitate my friend....take care...

I asked my friend to check that out with me tomorrow.
Thanks

I'm actualy having the same problem. I havent really looked into it yet seeing i've been busy with work and all. I'll have to try out what you guys are saying. The fuse is good, might be the relay.

Still coulndt find the problem, but we make a separate relay to tie the switch and down to the fogs lights.

It works but one bulb is burnt, where can I get a H3 yellow bulb other than ebay? canadian tire doesnt have H3....weird...

Back