Pretty sure my HID kit murdered my battery.

:
2001 Mazda Protege ES 2.0, 2015 Mazda3i Touring
Alright so we went to convert my regular bulbs to HID today, not realizing the battery in my car was manufactured in 2006 and has been in another car previously. One light was in and tested, all was well, after the other was hooked up we turned them on to test and to no avail. The interior lights would only work if the headlights are turned off, but couldn't get the engine running. When they were turned on full power the interior lights and accessories would dim or just stop working, still no engine. Pretty sure the relay fuse went up too. We were able to get it jumped once after the battery charged a bit, but when the car was turned off and tried to jump again, nothing. So I'm pretty sure the power of the HID's connected directly to the battery finally brought it to the end of it's life. Wiring harnesses seem to be fine; no pops, no smoke, no burning. Gonna pick up a new battery and fuses tomorrow. Any advice>

Yes, don't spend a fortune on a "high-end" battery. Consider a Costco Kirkland battery for $70. That and the Walmart MAXX will last at least 5 years and are very reasonably-priced.

Back