PPF film thoughts

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey guys!

So, I am for sure going to get PPF film. In fact, I have an appt. I am now debating whether I want to go with XPEL or 3M. Has anyone used either? Any suggestions on either? I am kind of leaning toward 3M. I cant wit to have that installed and my windows tinted 20% on Saturday.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

XPEL

Nice choice with the 20%.

Im doing as much research as possible. Are you looking warranty wise?

They look like a PITA to install. My installer has really good recommendations

As far as tint goes, that match between all windows looks sweet - especially on a white car. The contrast really stands out!

I had the full front end of my cx-5 done with XPEL. In the research I did at the time, XPEL was overwhelmingly the recommended film to use. I would do this again every time! The stuff is awesome.

But almost as critical as choosing the right film is choosing a good installer. You'll definitely want someone that stands behind their work and offers a warranty on the application itself.

I've had XPel installed on several cars; including my CX-5.
The film does a terrific job protecting the paint and the warranty is (imo) unbeatable.

We have a "factory" store/installer in Austin that does terrific work.
+1 on researching to find the most experienced installer with positive reviews.

I've had XPel installed on several cars; including my CX-5.
The film does a terrific job protecting the paint and the warranty is (imo) unbeatable.

We have a "factory" store/installer in Austin that does terrific work.
+1 on researching to find the most experienced installer with positive reviews.

What did you all pay for yours installed? Have you had any peeling issues?

I have to touch-up the few rock chips I have tomorrow so that they can put it on asap!

I would ask the recommendation of the installer. If they supply both, ask them what one they feel is better. It's what these guys to for a living. When I had mine done my installer recommended a PPF and I went with it, he said he liked it because it had less orange peel look then some of the others out there and was easy to work with. I believe he used LLumar PPF film but used the cutting file downloaded from Xpel. It's been on the car for 3 years now with out issue. I think pretty much any of the top PPF brands will serve you well. Just ask about warranty and cost difference to make an informed decision

Back