Possible 2021 CX-5 2.5T oil leak

q1054521247q

:
CX5 17GT,21SIG
I think I found a little oil leak on my 2021 cx5 2.5T. I would wipe this spot every time I change my oil. I took the car to the dealership but they said it's too little for them to do anything. So does anyone know what this is? maybe if the parts are cheap I will change it myself. My cx5 does have the oil consumption issues but I don't think this little leak will cause it.

They will NOT fix anything that does not show active signs of a drip or wetness. They call that BS "seep" which is the word they use to get out of fixing it under warranty saying that seep is "normal" BS.

It's a darn leak and shouldn't be. All car companies pull that seep crap.

Could you use a paintbrush and 'wet' the area with more oil?
that might be a good way to get a free repair lol. But I read on Mazda 6 forums that a lot of people reported leaking worse after replacement. If this has no negative impact on the engine I won't mess with it.

Should I fix it or leave it as it is. Will it damage the car in anyway ?
It won’t damage the car and to be honest, if it wasn’t for the dust you probably wouldn’t see it. You could pop it out and put a little RTV silicone around it but for what it is, I wouldn’t bother.

It won’t damage the car and to be honest, if it wasn’t for the dust you probably wouldn’t see it. You could pop it out and put a little RTV silicone around it but for what it is, I wouldn’t bother.
You have to remove the valve cover to get to the ocv. I would take a picture to document it and monitor the seep

You have to remove the valve cover to get to the ocv. I would take a picture to document it and monitor the seep
Yes, it is quite the procedure, not as simple as "popping it out". I've had it done on my 2014 CX5 under power train warranty.

Yes, it is quite the procedure, not as simple as "popping it out". I've had it done on my 2014 CX5 under power train warranty.
by any chance, do you have a picture of the work order. Just in case in the future it started leaking badly I have lifetime warranty I can go fix it without the worry of denial.

Last edited:
Back