PLZ HELP 03 mazdaspeed

lalatoyab4

:
03 mazdaspeed
I have a 03 Mazda speed the car is running rough. After we bought it we noticed there is no check engine light not even when you turn key on and we can't get no reading so our guess is it's the ecu. If anyone can shine anylight before I go spend almost 1000 dollars please help love my Mazda it's the 2nd one I've owned just need her right.

Where are you located? Swapping ECUs is a quick job and most guys will be willing to let you try theirs for beer, also check out the plugs and coil packs.

I'm really hating the fact that the person I bought the car from never told me about the check engine light not working just said it was never on will it's suppose to come on when the car is in on position and I tried to get it read to see what codes may have came up and it won't read anything

I'm really hating the fact that the person I bought the car from never told me about the check engine light not working just said it was never on will it's suppose to come on when the car is in on position and I tried to get it read to see what codes may have came up and it won't read anything

Take it to auto parts store for free code check.

I have a 03 Mazda speed the car is running rough. After we bought it we noticed there is no check engine light not even when you turn key on and we can't get no reading so our guess is it's the ecu. If anyone can shine anylight before I go spend almost 1000 dollars please help love my Mazda it's the 2nd one I've owned just need her right.

The Vacuum Switch (with vacuum lines attached) at the back left "on top" of the Intake Mani will throw a code (might be 0660), the replacement on ebay is around $10. Don't forget the PCV (cheap fix), check for ALL vacuum leaks. Free "Code Check" will reveal a cracked Exhaust Mani (super common). Don't fix unless it IS THE CAUSE and do this last! (EXPENSIVE). The EGR on the right side (bottom) of the Intake Mani needs to be cleaned often and is best to replace every 100K miles (some peeps buy the canada version - I never needed it - USA okay). Somewhat difficult to get the two bolts out and back in but it is a MAJOR cause for rough idle and stalling.

Give me feedback if any of these helped, I strive to make things easy! Ask any questions, I will help if possible.

We can't get any codes it won't hook up to a scanner at all all wires are hooked up and connected right car was rebuilt with everything original new fs9 motor has about 8000 miles on it the original miles on car is only 86000 miles that's why we're think ecu

Create a new post with a title like: "need to trade ecu in Cincinnati, will bring cash or beer" That way you can be sure that the ecu is the problem. There's always someone local, you could even pop a standard 2.0l non turbo ecu in the car to see if the light starts working, don't drive around with it, but idling and no boost maneuvers in a parking lot or driveway would be fine and could tell you a lot about your problem.

Last edited:
There are a shitload of MSPs in florida, hit up FattiMotorWorks, I believe they are in Orlando.

There are a shitload of MSPs in florida, hit up FattiMotorWorks, I believe they are in Orlando.

Thats what I was about to say.. Florida has more MSP's on craigslist than anywhere else I looked (from Virginia to Florida)

Too bad thats not the case here in North Carolina.. I'm unaware of anyone of any credibility, whatsoever.. anywhere close to me.

That is a really weird problem though.. how can the car still run and have a bad ECU? I don't quite understand that. I would expect the car to not run.. at all..

Back