Plastidip Chrome Lip on Grill?

zeruin

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT
So I'm looking for help on the best way to go about painting the chrome lip on the grill of a the 2015 Mazda CX-5. I came across a link where I think someone removed the entire grill and painted it that way, but I can't find the page it was posted on. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it.

If it's like the grill on the 2014 mazda3 than you have to remove the bumper to remove the grill. And you have to remove the grill to remove the chrome lip.

So I'm looking for help on the best way to go about painting the chrome lip on the grill of a the 2015 Mazda CX-5. I came across a link where I think someone removed the entire grill and painted it that way, but I can't find the page it was posted on. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it.

I just taped newspaper layers over the honeycomb grill and close hood areas and headlights. If you do get any plastidip on the paint it may sound backwards, but the thicker it is on the paint the easier to just peel it right off. Dont worry about it damaging your paint, I did all the emblems and badges and left big squares around them and just went to town with the plastidip. Peeled right off and perfectly around the badges :)

^^^^^^^What he said.^^^^^^^^^^
No need to remove the grill (or anything else)- just mask it off and spray!

Here's mine. I did the grill badge in gray for subtle contrast.

Back