Plastic rattle in passenger rear corner (trunk) CX-9 GT '12

:
'23 CX-50
I experience annoying rattle which is kind of plastic on plastic during first 5 to 10 minutes until CX-9 is warm enough. Especially happens on cold days when temperature is below freezing. I checked all seat belts, removable trunk plastic covers, wrenches in a trunk, headrests, seat rails, no luck. I think its either some plastic panel or something under.
Did anybody have such problem?

Actually, I am having the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In my '10 model, I found the hand-hold (to lower the lift gate) loose in it's cavity. It can rattle pretty good. This far south I wouldn't have noticed a temperature "connection" but I can see where the inside plastic on the lift gate once warm could make it stop. Anyway, it's something for you to check.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be different for each car... Mine was... the baby car seat!!! Drove me nuts (my wife was like what are you talking about?!), finally realized it was just the car seats we bought.

Just using the hint of being fine when warmed up, definitely sounds like it's inside the cabin. Open the bottom panels and just start pushing in all the plastic pieces and see if that helps... Short of that... warm up the car prior to driving =(

If you have a rear power lift, check the strut that lifts the gate! I had to put a piece of electrical tape around were the strut attaches the door

we have this same issue. wife just called me and said, "do you sometimes hear a rattle in the back?"

i had heard it but noticed it does go away fairly quickly and it has been VERY cold here. had already messed with the third-row shoulder belts thinking that was it.

have the power lift gate. will check the struts.

Back