Picked up new CX-5 last night

Someone told me that production was hampered by the Tsunami's in Japan last year, though that might be dealerspeak for "we don't know, so we're feeding you something that sounds plausible so we look like we know what we're talking about."

I've been back to Japan three times since the Tsunami. I can guarantee it's dealer speak.

Japan is more resilient to disaster, and more efficient with manufacturing processes than any other. Many factories were back up and running within 5 weeks of the Tsunami. It depends on the type of manufacturing though. Digital cameras for example, were affected heavily. Car manufacturing wasn't hit as badly.
Mazda's CX-5 manufacturing is unlikely to be affected.

Two months is too long - unless your order is specific.

Two months is too long - unless your order is specific.

You would think so...but it was just a stock grey GT with no tech package...nothing custom to it at all!! :( Guess it only gives me more time to research and think about what accessories i want to add to it.

Just the 8-way on my Touring model (as long as the wife does not get in, it remembers where I left it :)). Not sure if there is option for more than that.

I looked up online and also noticed there is no memory seat option for GT.
That's very useful for us since me and my wife often share the ride.

bought one!

just signed the papers for a white AWD CX-5 GT with tech package... bought it for $500 over invoice... going to pick up next week...
can't wait to pick it up...

Back