PIAA Fog Lights

:
Mazda CX-9 2010
I picked up a set of PIAA H11, HB3, and HB4 lights in XTREME White. Installing the High and Low beam was a piece of cake, but when I got to installing the Fog light, the wheel well covers the Fog light harness completely. What would be the best way for replacing the Fog light bulbs?

Raising the car up and removing the wind deflector to reach in to the Fog lights, or removing the wheel well and gaining access like that? If you could also provide any PDF you may have to help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

So far the only Fog light related PDF's I was able to find were in regards to wiring Fog light on a GS model.

For those interested in the PIAA bulbs I can post picture of what I bought.

Addition:

When I say wind deflector, I mean the plastic under the front bumper.

FueledbyStriker

And wheel well.

FueledbyStriker

yup. A fastener and bolt underneath and a screw in the wheel well. The same picture is in the owners manual for fog light bulb replacement.

So what did you actually replace? was it just the bulbs, or was it the entire assembly? I am interested in enhancing the light output of the fogs I just installed.

Last edited:
So what did you actually replace? was it just the bulbs, or was it the entire assembly? I am interested in enhancing the light output of the fogs I just installed.

I replaced the fog light bulbs, as well as the head light high and low beam bulbs. I have a GS AWD so the bulbs are simply halogen.

Sorry for the long delay in reply.

Pics below.

I am gonna try the HIR bulbs (H11 - Low Beams, 9011 - high beams, 9012 for fogs.)

BTW, are you saying you did all your bulbs from the bottom of just the fogs?

Only the fog light are to be replaced from the bottom. The rest are easily accessible from under the hood. Might need to unscrew the washer fluid tub to access the passenger side bulbs, thats what I did.

Good thing I keep the boxes from the PIAA bulbs, I use them to house my OEM bulbs, in case one decides to burn out I always have the OEM to replace in the mean time. Heres what I bought

IMG-20120329-00095.jpg

IMG-20120329-00094.jpg

IMG-20120329-00093.jpg

No problem, I will do post pics. The 9011 and 9012's require a slight mod of one of the tabs.

Ok, OSRAMs fit without mods, so I am pushing on to the install of the high beams and fogs.

Last edited:
I did the 9011 mods and they are in and they fit. They appear to be a lot brighter than the stock high beams, wonder what their temp rating is.

On to the fogs, pics to follow

Back