Personal Preference (Programming) Options for 2010 CX-9?

:
2010 CX-9 FWD Touring
I was reading in this thread about a page in the manual for 'personal preference options' that the dealer can configure:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...13-CX-9-Grand-Touring-(I-like-it-but-pheeeew)

Does anyone know if such a list exists for 2010 model year? I have come across a post in the past on how to setup automatic door locking on the 2010 model, so I'm curious if any other hidden programming options exist. I'm interested in having to press unlock button once to unlock all doors, that would be incredible. I have kids, so I always open the back doors first, and I still get confused depending which side of the car I approach if I want to press the button on the door once or twice.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...X-9-auto-door-locks-(speed-or-gear-activated)

I thought I saw somewhere that you can adjust the sensitivity for the Auto headlights, but I never tried it.

I was reading in this thread about a page in the manual for 'personal preference options' that the dealer can configure:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...13-CX-9-Grand-Touring-(I-like-it-but-pheeeew)

Does anyone know if such a list exists for 2010 model year? I have come across a post in the past on how to setup automatic door locking on the 2010 model, so I'm curious if any other hidden programming options exist. I'm interested in having to press unlock button once to unlock all doors, that would be incredible. I have kids, so I always open the back doors first, and I still get confused depending which side of the car I approach if I want to press the button on the door once or twice.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...X-9-auto-door-locks-(speed-or-gear-activated)

The only Personalization options for my 2012 GT are-

Deactivating the Advanced Key’s Battery Level Warning Light in the instrument cluster (why would anyone want to)???

Deactivate the beep sound heard when locking/unlocking the doors or liftgate from the outside...again, why??? That beep is the confirmation that it actually locked!

Automatically lock the doors when you leave the vehicle carrying the key fob. (This is the one that I plan to have them activate next time I’m at the dealer. It sounds handy and I’m totally OCD, so I’ll catch it if it didn’t work.)

That’s it....

I was able to customize the behavior of the Power Door Locks myself. The factory setting was to Auto-Lock when the shifter was moved out of ‘P’ and it annoyed the crap out of me!

The other options-

Deactive auto-lock completely. (I chose this one)
All doors auto-lock when vehicle hits 20km/h (12mph).
All doors auto-lock at 20km/h, then auto-unlock when switch is turned to ACC of OFF position.
All doors auto-lock when shifted out of ‘P’ and auto-unlock when shifter is put back into ‘P’ position.

Having the auto-unlock feature activated could be a security issue, especially for a woman and/or in a less than perfect area! A carjacker, mugger, rapist, or whatever hears the ‘ker-chunk’ and knows all the doors are unlocked and he can pounce!

But having it auto-lock but not auto-unlock drove me insane in just a few days. Every time I’d get out of the car and go to another door or the liftgate to open it and get stuff out, it was still locked!

So now they only lock or unlock when I purposely choose to do so! I haven’t been attacked at any stop lights into downtown Atlanta....yet.....

I wonder if the Blind Spot Monitor would sense an attacker if they came from the back and passed a sensor???

The only Personalization options for my 2012 GT are-

Automatically lock the doors when you leave the vehicle carrying the key fob. (This is the one that I plan to have them activate next time I’m at the dealer. It sounds handy and I’m totally OCD, so I’ll catch it if it didn’t work.)

How--does the dealer have to do this?

Only dealers can change the settings for you.
Usually it is free if you bought the vehicle there. If not, they might charge you for that.

It is listed in Owner's manual.

I've poured through the manual and have not seen anything - which is why I started the thread. Do you know what the section might be titled?

In the 2013 manual it seems to be section 10-8, which my 2010 model does not contain.

I've poured through the manual and have not seen anything - which is why I started the thread. Do you know what the section might be titled?

In the 2013 manual it seems to be section 10-8, which my 2010 model does not contain.

It is page 10-8 in my 2012 manual also.

Page 3-19 in my '08 Owner's manual.

djc6, go download a PDF version of the OM. It is much easier to search contents.
1) go to mymazda.com and register as an owner (needs VIN)
2) download an OM
I also keep my maintenance record there.
myMazda.com is an official Mazda website. You can trust it.

When you go to Mazda dealer for a full-circle inspection (usually free w/ coupon), the report will be attached to the maintenance history automatically. Very nice.

Last edited:
Back