Performance Figures

Just sharing what I was able to achieve with the stock car.

0-100-best-time-M6-25_zps6f1e2dea.jpg

Some figures to compare with MotorTrend
CarAndDriver

Thanks for posting these. Super helpful and very cool.

Your Mazda came with Bridgestone tires? I have Dunlops on mine which I'm not too impressed with. How do you like the Bridgestone Turanzas? Do they seem loud/quiet? Good traction in the rain?

Your Mazda came with Bridgestone tires? I have Dunlops on mine which I'm not too impressed with. How do you like the Bridgestone Turanzas? Do they seem loud/quiet? Good traction in the rain?

Yeap, the 2.5L variant in Malaysia comes with Bridgestone tyres. IMHO the tyres are quite noisy... (bridgestones seems to have that trait). Grip is very good.

Locally we also have a Mazda6 with 2.0L engine version which comes with less features and costs less.

Not too thrilled with the 2.0L Skyactiv engine... at least the one on my CX-5 loaner car from the dealer. It's reasonably peppy in the city but trying to get it exceed 70mph on the freeway without facing downhill is a real ball buster. Not sure if they are all this way, and if it has similar compression to the 13:1 in the 2.5l engine. The 2.0l is no good for freeway driving or roadtrips, but I can see how it would excel in the city.

I'm considering Hankooks and Maxxis tires but want to see if they are any quieter while still providing better grip and longevity... theres a balance to find for sure.

The Bridgestone Turanza are very very noisy, we have them as standard in Denmark too, delivered on both the 17" and 19" trim. And I simply cannot figure out why. They really bring down the luxury feel of the car. I had only mine on the car for about 500km and then I asked Mazda to remount the winter tires. After spending some time on the web I was so confused about what tires to buy instead. I noticed the Pirelli Cinturato P7 had some OK reweivs and I knew them already from my previously Mazda. So I bought them (17") and they as much better compared to the Turanza. Being a Mazda the car still has some road noise, of cause, but its now much lesser and does not change sound tone and pitch so extremely, if road surface changes from smoth asfelt to rough asfalt. I can really recommend to change the originally mounted Bridgestone..

Back