PAR Gearset + Extra Gears

OK guys, For Sale is my PAR gearset and spare gears for G series trannies. These are the sets that Tri-Point was selling a couple years ago. Let me give you a brief history on this set. When I bought my car these gears were in it, and have about 30k miles on them. About 2 months ago I broke a bit of a tooth of off 5th gear, running 16psi and a Spec Stage 3.

***These will give you great acceleration but poor top end. I would recommend these for NA track cars, but ran them turbo and was ok. You will need to either swap in your stock 5th gear, or get one from PAR.

***The pinion gear on the countershaft is pitted. You would NOT want to run this countershaft because of the pitting. You can order one from PAR.

***I have several sets of brand new 3rd, and 4th gears from PAR, both helical and straight cut.

Here are the ratios for this set. This is a super short ratio set, great for track cars.

1st: 2.818
2nd: 2.00
3rd: 1.540
4th: 1.227

Picture Time

In this picture below is: a 9 month old Ring gear, a spare *new PAR Input Shaft, used PAR Input Shaft, used PAR countershaft. Both loaded with 1-5 straight cut gears. (5th not useable). **All gears & shafts are in great shape except 5th and the pinion.
DSCF3496.jpg

In the picture below is: 5 sets of *new helical cut 3rd gear. 3 sets of *new straight cut 4th gear. 5 sets of new helical cut 4th gear. Extra needle rollers.
DSCF3497.jpg

In the picture below is: A lightly used 3rd gear straight cut, a lightly used 4th gear straight cut.
DSCF3500.jpg

Send me a offer if interested in anything. The only thing you need is a new countershaft from PAR. I'm willing to sell all this for cheap and will separate anything you want, so just toss me a offer. Obviously guys, these come with no warranty, strictly as-is, but please feel free to ask anything you want to know, I will tell you to the best of my ability.
Thanks

Last edited:
Damn where were you 3 weeks ago i just got my 3rd and 4th i just got mine from par last week

You recommend not using these if your turbo, I plan on a 300hp turbo motor in the furture. Could I run your 3rd and 4th gears with a GTX 5th gear 0.795, or would I be looking for problems? The GTX 3rd gear is 1.233, your 3rd gear is 1.540 does it mean that the higher the gear the shorter it is I ask bcuz I dont know anything about transmissions. pm how much you want for the lightly used 3rd and 4th gears, if not I'll give ya $100 for both (yupnope)you tell me.

Last edited:
You recommend not using these if your turbo, I plan on a 300hp turbo motor in the furture. Could I run your 3rd and 4th gears with a GTX 5th gear 0.795, or would I be looking for problems? The GTX 3rd gear is 1.233, your 3rd gear is 1.540 does it mean that the higher the gear the shorter it is I ask bcuz I dont know anything about transmissions. pm how much you want for the lightly used 3rd and 4th gears, if not I'll give ya $100 for both (yupnope)you tell me.

Here's the thing, I chipped a tooth running turbo on these. I can't say whether it was the gears fault, tranny was mis-aligned, clutch too rough, etc.. The gear that broke on me was used and the oldest gear in the box for what it's worth, and a original from the tri-point set. I have several new available as you can see.

As far as ratios go, yes the higher the number the shorter the gear. Better acceleration, less top end. These gear sets are perfect for NA cars, but worked OK for me (turbo) and people always loved the ratio. They just don't allow as full of a spool as the stock set due to how fast the RPM's change.

If you ran a .800 GTX 5th, once you shifted from 4th to 5th it'd be a serious over drive gear, but very doable and better than a stock Protege 5th for this application. On the street you could drive 1-4th w/ no issues, and obviously 5th on the highway.

Last edited:
To whom bought the gears.....

How your PAR 3rd and 4th gear now? I installed it both gear on my ford laser 1.8cc DOHC
And 3rd doing fine but when shifted to 4th the gear sound 'krakk' from inside box.
My ratio for 3th is 1.31 and 4th is 0.96. It is straight fit into the original gbox. Do i need something
Modification before installed this? If not, i will remove the 4th and install OEM instead.
Please guide me on the installation.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back