.paint question.

03.5BlueMSP

:
2003.5 MSP
hey guys im thinking of painting the EM heat shield, what colors would you guys recommend?

also, should i tint all the brake lights? i would do a very light coating as i think it looks better than dark.

here my engine bay right now

095.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks in advance for all imput guys! (yes)

Depending on your artistic skills, you could paint the heat shield black and paint the "MAZDASPEED" on the heat shield blue. Also, do you have red coolant or is that just the way your coolant tank is?

no its red, i need to switch it out to the green at work soon.

i work as a mechanic.

and i was thinking the same thing as you said, and i do air-brush :D

no its red, i need to switch it out to the green at work soon.

i work as a mechanic.

and i was thinking the same thing as you said, and i do air-brush :D

that's cool, yeah I think the black and blue would look good and would accent the car really good

i might give it a try, what u think about tinting the tails?

me personally, tinting the tails would look good if you you made the headlights darker too. I know there are a few threads somewhere with pics of how to take the light assembly apart and how to paint the inside of the assembly. Overall, it looks better once it is put back together.

x2 on the buffer
Since you said you air brush
How bout a sick graffic in blue with the rest black??
That would give the engine bay that ghetto urban assault look real quick
I already think the laser blue and black theme hints at that urban assualt look as is it for what ever reason. LOL

x3 - cut pad, compound and wax or polish will look 1M times better than paint. Paint will burn there and not maintain the luster once a few heat cycles get to it. Be careful when buffing it as it will move around unless you are precise. I rest mine on a small block of wood when doing it.

i agree with the guys buff it out. you already have a good bit of blue under the hood. polishing it would really set it off more. then you could also paint the mazdaspeed letters blue . but that imo and its you car .

Back