Paddle Shift Install - 2016 CX-5

To clarify, it actually says "With auto cruise control" and "without auto cruise control". Which could be just a translation thing, or they could mean radar cruise control. To me it's not really clear.

It means WITHOUT cruise control and WITH cruise control. The "auto" thing is a translation thing and has nothing to do with radar cruise control. The radar device has nothing to do with the steering wheel paddle shift conversion.

It means WITHOUT cruise control and WITH cruise control. The "auto" thing is a translation thing and has nothing to do with radar cruise control. The radar device has nothing to do with the steering wheel paddle shift conversion.

I think you might be mistaken.

On vehicles equipped with RADAR or AUTO ADAPTIVE CRUISE, they have different steering wheel controls to control the vehicle distance for the CRUISE CONTROL.

Srad600, could you please measure the pin size(diameter and length), on the K015-V7-481 wire harness? I'm trying to make that harness myself.
I would like to try, to identify the pin on Digikey. How long do you think, that wire harness length it is?

Srad600, could you please measure the pin size(diameter and length), on the K015-V7-481 wire harness? I'm trying to make that harness myself.
I would like to try, to identify the pin on Digikey. How long do you think, that wire harness length it is?

Well, the part I ordered came with two harnesses. The one with the longer pins is installed on my car and I don't really want to pull it apart right now, sorry.

Since I only used one, you are welcome to the other one for the cost of shipping (should be cheap from here to LA). Unfortunately it's the one with the smaller pins (which did not fit my car), but you can just cut those off and crimp on new ends. You can figure out the exact pins you need but pulling out one of the pins from the car harness, measuring and pushing it back in. PM me with your address if you want it.

I think you might be mistaken.

On vehicles equipped with RADAR or AUTO ADAPTIVE CRUISE, they have different steering wheel controls to control the vehicle distance for the CRUISE CONTROL.

So what is the CORRECT part# needed for adaptive cruise control?

I understand that you won't open up the wire harness. I wouldn't either.
I thought, that the other harness is the same, only shorter.
I guess, I will do it on mine then. Thanks anyway.

Good write up.

The last time I removed a steering wheel was in the 70's, they do appear to have changed a little. (boom01)

I understand that you won't open up the wire harness. I wouldn't either.
I thought, that the other harness is the same, only shorter.
I guess, I will do it on mine then. Thanks anyway.

So maybe I misunderstood you, do you want to know how long the harness is or how long the harness pins are (both harnesses are the same length, the only difference being the pin length on the car side)?
I can measure the harness for you, since the spare is just sitting in a drawer right now. It's the correct pin length I cannot measure without pulling the harness from the car.

Good write up.

The last time I removed a steering wheel was in the 70's, they do appear to have changed a little. (boom01)

Thanks, yep, long gone are the days when the only thing in there was a horn button. :D

Basically I need both, since I will make it from scratch. The length, would be of help as well, thank you for that. From pin tip, to pin tip.

Tibi, if you make a harness are you going to make some extras and offer them up for forum members?

I have just chickened out and ordered it from japanparts.($40.03, with the second shipping option) If there is interest, I could still do that and I get back my money, on the one I have ordered.

I have just chickened out and ordered it from japanparts.($40.03, with the second shipping option) If there is interest, I could still do that and I get back my money, on the one I have ordered.

I'd be interested in that! [emoji106]🏽

Any updates as to whether or not the part #'s will work with the AUTO ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL? Don't want to move forward with the install if I have the wrong part #.

I need some help here.
I have removed the steering wheel, and I don't understand how do you remove the switch pods.
You are saying, that you push a tab to the left and then pull the hole assembly upwards.
I don't see, which tab should I push to the left.

I have managed to remove them, but in the process, I have broken off a tab, at each switch pod. The long one, that grabs to the steering wheel, next to the long pin.
There are pins sticking out, that are pushed in some rubber grommets, so they won't come out easily at all.
The service manual, suggest removing the back cover first, and then you have more access, to those pins and tab for the switch pods.
The back cover that I have ordered, does not fit to my '14(GJS2-32-049). I need to find the right one, if anybody knows which one I should buy, I would be grateful.

tibimakai, have you considered posting this question in the Mazda 3 section and perhaps ask if anyone has one to take pics for ya'? Maybe they can give helpful details too. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I'm lucky, because I can return that cover.
I may just buy one, if nobody will give me an answer.
The wiring is done and it's working, I just need this cover to complete this install.
I'm even thinking about, cutting the original cover.

Back