p0138 code cause hesitation??

:
2003 mazda protege dx/2003 mazda protege5
ok so about last weekend i noticed a lil hesitation/misfire under higher rpms at half throttle or more.. i went ahead changed plugs, cleaned MAF and checked coilpacks.. nothin changed so i got the code pulled today n its the p0138 which i believe is my 2nd o2 sensor.. my question is cud this be the reason y i'm gettin some hesitation under WOT??? thanx in advance for anyones input :)

rob

I have the same thing, Did you happen to fix it? (I havent pulled any codes yet though)

Ya man i fixed the problem.. it ended bein my coilpacks n sparkplug wires.. i switched both o2 sensors literally rewired it all n nothin fixed it.. put in new coilpacks wires n plugs can runs great now.. sounds like u have the same problem.. good luck man

Yea It just started happening about 4 days ago. I thought it had to do with the tune. But it does this when the supercharger is off.

Ill let you know how it goes!

Thanks!!!

yeah after awhile mine started hesitating even leaving stop signs and lights it suckd.. but as soon as i threw on the new coilpacks and wires it was like night n day lol

iam having this same problm with my 04 mazda 3 i have changed the plugs but not the igniton coils because they are 104 each so iam guessing that your problem is with a protage wondering if you guys might know thanks

yeah if your not pullin any codes and your car misfire/hesitation while driving or even at idle u can here a misfire most likely its your coil packs.. easiest way to fid out is if u know someone with a 3 tell them to let you swap emm out reall fast n then u'll know for sure.. its like a 5min job if that lol

So coil packs and wires no dice. My friend said it might me the solenoid with the Mitsubishi symbol on it. He checked the fuel pump and regulator. Still no dice. I'll post up more info tomorrow. =(

I started my car this morning it was fine then it started stalling and die so i started back on then it started stalling again so i gave it a little gas and everything was fine after. I'm getting a p0138 which is the second 02 sensor. does that could be a problem?

Back