Our 2024 CX-5 Suddenly Gave Us Traffic Alerts!

:
2018 CX5
Very odd...have had our CX5 new since Jan 2024 and am using a Navigation Card off of Ebay. It has never given us any traffic info. Today, suddenly it said "congestion ahead" and showed yellow over the road ahead. We were not using the nagivation but had the screen on showing the map.

Anyone else have traffic info suddenly come alive??

No traffic alerts but I'm getting storm alerts again for some reason.
I have the OEM Nav card but it's out of updates. There must be some real-time trigger.

If you have Sirius-XM, it may be a free promotional period that includes weather alerts (and possibly traffic alerts). They disappear after a month unless you sign up for this special service (I forget with Sirius calls it).

If you have Sirius-XM, it may be a free promotional period that includes weather alerts (and possibly traffic alerts). They disappear after a month unless you sign up for this special service (I forget with Sirius calls it).
Makes sense. I have Sirius/XM but I remember turning off the weather alerts since they were sending alerts from 100+ miles away. Every 2 seconds another alert was popping up.

We no longer have Sirius XM (trial period ended) but they keep sending me Emails and letters trying to get be to sign up. So maybe this is another way to get me interested.

We are taking a long road trip next week so will be interesting to see if I get alerts along the way.

So I guess the infotainment system sends Sirius real time tracking information about the car's location, etc. Or maybe that's built into the Sirius software in the car. Another convenience vs privacy tradeoff.

So I guess the infotainment system sends Sirius real time tracking information about the car's location, etc. Or maybe that's built into the Sirius software in the car. Another convenience vs privacy tradeoff.
Maybe, but if it is it's not too accurate. I was getting weather alerts for areas that were hundreds of miles away. You'd think if they knew my location they could fine tune the reports.

They do free runs every few months to lure people :) Its cool when it works.

btw our SiriusXM is the one way one. Just receiving. No worries...but they already have your names/address anyway because Mazda gives it to them just no the car stats.

Sirius 360 or whatever is called (its their Nexten service) on some new cars is two way and its sniffing your car data too.

As others have mentioned, it’s a part of the SiriusXM subscription. I had it when I purchased both of my CX-5’s CPO. And yes, SiriusXM does do random free weekends or holidays.

I just use Waze and Pandora. SiriusXM cost per year is not worth it in my opinion.

Is this what you guys are getting?

1000020406.jpg

No, not for me. In my case even though I am not using the cars navigation other than having the maps on, I'm getting verbal warnings of traffic ahead.

That’s the XM traffic alert option in the center console settings for Xmas traffic and weather alerts.

Back