2024 CX-5 Mazda Connect Firmware for NA

:
ASH8
Firmware Update is now available for 2024 Mazda CX-5 for the North American market ONLY.
New NA12 10016
At the moment Mazda has not issued any changelog, if they do I will post.

To find out what your FULL Version of Firmware is do the following...
For all MAZDA CONNECT with the 10inch+ WIDESCREEN.
For Private PC Usage Only:

I now no longer just send out files for any Gen 7 Mazda Connect without first having you the Owner Reply with the correct and Full Version details currently in your Mazda, I will respond with the correct Genuine Mazda Update File 'if' available for you to download and install as there are just too many specific model codes to choose and only the correct file will install.
I only do this the correct Genuine Mazda way.

I Need to know what FULL Region Letters and Version Numbers are currently in your Mazda in "Device Version Information CMU" seen in Green Banner, start @ number 1. below.

ONLY send a PICTURE of all of your screen details Below in #8.
Plus also tell me (confirm) in what country is your Mazda NOW driven in.

1. Turn on ignition or ACC mode.
2. Press the Volume/Mute button and keep pressing it at same time press the Music and Favorite buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds and the "Factory/Service Inspection" SCREEN will next appear.
3. Scroll UP or DOWN this list on screen by TURNING your Commander Knob up or down (see each Orange Highlighted Settings).
4. Select orange “Service Information” on the screen by ''Pressing Down'' on your Commander Knob once.
5. Select orange “Connected Device Information” on the screen.
6. Select orange “CMU” on the screen.
7. See "Device Version Information CMU" green banner screen.

* 8. See ECU Software Number like 7000C0A-NA01_10015.
All the Letters +Numbers from 70xxCxx-xxxx_xxxxx take a Picture and then Push 'Return' arrow BUTTON multiple times to return to the top page of the Factory/Service Inspection screen, then scroll select "End Diag Mode" to return to the normal screen.

* I Need to know #8, the FULL VERSION NUMBERS in a screen pic.

Note: YOU CAN NOT INSTALL WRONG FIRMWARE IN ANY GEN 7 MAZDA CONNECT,
PLUS YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE COUNTRY VERSIONS LIKE NA to EU or to 4A or Visa Versa,
Your Cars CMU WILL NEVER ACCEPT ANY INCOMPATIBLE FILES.

CHANGELOG: from NA12_10006 to NA12_10016
Some customers may experience the following symptoms with these software versions:
(7000C0A-NA12_10016)
  • It may not be possible to connect to the iPhone.
  • The CarPlay icon may not be displayed.
  • The status of an unintended check box may change when adjusting the listening position setting.
  • The Android Auto screen may not appear when turning the ignition on with an android device connected.
  • The person on the line may hear an echo when using a Bluetooth® connected smartphone and talking with vehicle’s microphone on a vehicle with 4 speakers.
  • The Automatic 911 dialing function may not be available when using CarPlay and moved from the mobile device list screen to the CarPlay screen.
  • Acceptable file name of the TCU reprograming file has been modified on the CMU.
  • The speed limits guidance may be incorrectly displayed while using navigation.
  • A blank space may appear in the search results when searching for navigation.
  • The traffic information in the SiriusXM® may not be updated.
  • An incorrect time may be displayed while synchronizing with GPS.
  • Speed camera icons may not be displayed on the route while using navigation.
  • Exit information may not be displayed while using navigation.
  • Guidance message may not be spoken when entering a school zone.
  • Guidance message for speed camera may be spoken where no speed camera is found.
  • Guidance message for Congestion Charge Zone may be spoken where not applicable.

You can ONLY Update The ORIGINAL FIRMWARE Model Version or NA12 which was installed @ Mazda Factory. You CAN NOT go from NA03 to NA12.

Last edited:
There is no difference between 2023 and 2024 CX-5.
The home screen is slightly different on the 2023 vs 2024. Shows carplay and android auto on the home screen at launch vs the 2023 doesn't show any carplay or android auto icon until plugged in. My question is if I could install 2024 software onto my 2023 CX5.

The home screen is slightly different on the 2023 vs 2024. Shows carplay and android auto on the home screen at launch vs the 2023 doesn't show any carplay or android auto icon until plugged in. My question is if I could install 2024 software onto my 2023 CX5.
There are other differences, plus one can not swap Firmware as it is not the same.
Like NA03 to (2024) NA12, neither can you install another country with any Generation 7 Mazda Connect.
Yes the old Gen 6 you could.
Computer says no with Gen 7 see part #1of Mazda install instructions to Mazda Dealers.;)
Screenshot_20230906_212423_MEGA.jpg

Back