ordered kartboy shifter combo

rocbtmd

Just ordered the short shifter and bushing combo from kartboy and will install it thursday or friday. I'll let everyone know how things are going after install. But I'm sure I will be pleased with the upgrade as everyone else seems to be.

Are there any g3 owners out there with any complaints about the kartboy or any other short shifter out there?

I stripped mine too. Thing must be made of silly putty. I got it off and back on with a good set of pliers.

Tex has the answer, just use a pair of Channel Locks, or some Vise Grips or something with teeth to grab hold of the nut. And, in the future, use a socket!!! :D

Got the bushings in!

I was able to get off the nut and install the bushings. They are awsome! No more grinding gears when you think that you are in gear. With these you either are or are way the hell off. It has made the most difference in going into reverse. It used to be a pain in the ass. Now its no problem.

I also am going to pick up my shift knob tomorrow so the short shifter will be in by the afternoon.

Back