Options: MP5 Rear Bumper

azeli73

Contributor
:
2002 Protege 5 Turbo
Options: MP5 Rear Spoiler

Lots of options out there for side skirts and front lip and bumper but what about the ass? As far as I can tell there is the Mintblue rear skirt and BC2 (UGLY). I like the Mintblue skirt that doesn't look like the ass of a boat but I hear it only bolts up to a JDM bumper and NOT the USDM. Is that a fact? If you know of other options, please post em!

r.jpg

r.jpg

9a.jpg

What else is out there???

Last edited:
i'm in the same boat as you. I like the second Mint Blue, but would it look out of place without going Mint Blue all the way around?

I'd love to get this rear skirt, but don't want to spent over a grand to get it!
r.jpg

All of those lips look like they fit only the J-spec bumper. Look at how short the rear bumper cover is on those Mazdas. The US-spec bumper sticks out much more.

I know of at least one guy--can't rmember name---who modified a Mintblue lip to fit the stock p5 bumper, and Protege5gurly actually has a JDM unit. You should hit them up.

Oh: Shopping Cart Wing = teh SUCK!

in the second picture you posted with the mintblue big wing (this wing rocks, i have it, hahah) ok, back to waht i have to say. the bumper in the second picture, there is a US version for it made by mintblue, this new bumper will replace the entire US stock bumper... costs 350 i think, contact rishie... or whoever here that deals mintblue stuff.

sweet. Do they make both mint blues for the US bumper?

You should post a pic of that wing on your car. I have never seen it on any car except for that one white one on the mint blue site.

I personally have no problems with the wing, but many people that I have shown it to tell me not to get it.

How does it look with the stock rear bumper?

tttP5 said:
in the second picture you posted with the mintblue big wing (this wing rocks, i have it, hahah) ok, back to waht i have to say. the bumper in the second picture, there is a US version for it made by mintblue, this new bumper will replace the entire US stock bumper... costs 350 i think, contact rishie... or whoever here that deals mintblue stuff.
Really? Damn, I didn't know that. I love learning stuff.

So... you have a pic of that? :D

AutoRnD carries (as far as i know) the type 2 rear for our US bumpers. u can get the type 1 rear, but u need a jdm rear bumper. type 2 is the way to go without spending tons of cash getting a type 1 to fit our rear end.

u can go with buddy club 2 or mold something to the rear. i wanted to mold the WW rear end for the sedan models to our rear end, but i highly doubt i will. itll be about 1g+ for parts, labor, installation etc.

peace

L8R said:
AutoRnD carries (as far as i know) the type 2 rear for our US bumpers. u can get the type 1 rear, but u need a jdm rear bumper. type 2 is the way to go without spending tons of cash getting a type 1 to fit our rear end.

u can go with buddy club 2 or mold something to the rear. i wanted to mold the WW rear end for the sedan models to our rear end, but i highly doubt i will. itll be about 1g+ for parts, labor, installation etc.

peace
yup, what he said. they only carry the type 2 US spec bumper, type 2 as in the second picture.

i'll post up some pics of the wing later after i get my car washed and waxed, i haven't really found a good angle to photograph it at, in person it looks good i think but when you photograph it it looks weird...

This sux, i wish someone made a simple subtle add on to our rear bumpers. Nothing major just sumthing to balance out the lines of our cars..

This truely sucks! BC2 is a flat ugly design that has been done to death on many models. And the type II Mintblue looks like I should be pulling water skiers! The other night I was leaving Target with my girlfriend and she says, "I know you're going to get pissed but you need to get a rear skirt and side skirts on your car. It looks great from the front. But from the side it looks off."

Wonder if I can work with this lip from Erebuni? Wonder if anyone has tried?

protege258ar.jpg

Back