opinions needed for...

TxSpeed59

:
03 Black MSP #59
what to buy first for my speed.

I am bone stock and I have roughly $700 to spend...

looking at wheels, CF hood, CAI....

what would you get if you were bone stock and money to spend?

Save a couple hundred more and you got a hiboost FMIC, or another 100 beyond that and you got an ION FMIC. Or take some and get a CAI boost gauage and a MBC. Do you want perforamnce or looks? From what you posted you want more looks then performance, so head over to DG they have all kinds of CF for us...YOu can blow 700 real fast:)

Like my buddy says, do you want to look fast or be fast? I personally want to get faster (not that it's not quick anyway). I just put my Injen CAI($272) on tonight, it really gives it a little kick. I'm running a BPV/BOV (HKS SSQV $200)setup and am having no problems so far You really need to ask yourself how much money your willing to put in, because this isn't a cheap car to tune and things can/do go wrong. I know alot of guys have FMIC, but if your not gonna run more than 12psi SMIC isn't a bad option. I have TH SMIC and hard pipes $945. Anyway just read as many threads as you can and you'll anwser your own questions. There a bunch of really knowleable people on this forum (myself not include, just a newb). Good Luck.

Last edited:
actually I want to do more performance mods, but there isn't much to get for less than 1k... I am already boosting 8psi stock....

Do you want to make a lot of power later or a decent amount now? This is going to be my car for a few years, so I'm looking for it to be quicker, but not necessarily fast. Catless midpipe, hardpipes and better intake can be had for right around $700 and should tide you over until you've got more money.

downpipe and fmic. more than 700 but inverst in it and it'll pay off great gains.

Definitely free up the exhaust before anything else. It'll help with every other performance mod you can imagine. I recommend a 3in turbo back. That will pay for itself later on when you make even more horsie-power with the intake blah blah etc etc.

hehehe horsie power hehehe

My vote is for a boost controller, downpipe, and cat-back exhaust. Those three will give you the best bang for the buck. FMIC and SMIC are luxuries versus necessities.

MBC ($45), downpipe ($300), CAI ($200), spark plugs ($10), kartboy shifter bushings ($30?), dinner and a movie.

I'm Allen said:
MBC ($45), downpipe ($300), CAI ($200), spark plugs ($10), kartboy shifter bushings ($30?), dinner and a movie.

Hmm...I'm gonna rethink my suggestion now

Downpipe ($300)
AWR A/T motor mounts ($140)
Kartboy short shifter & bushings ($110)

Little extras --
Royal Purple or Redline tranny fluid
DaveB gauge rings
boost gauge with pod

Save the SMIC for the spring/summer.

jersey_emt said:
Downpipe & SMIC
My vote as well. Maybe some colder plugs too, real cheap.

A little more flow, a little more boost, and a little less heat, 20-30hp? pretty cheap.

But then, I don't put any stock in appearance mods. (CF hood, BOV, etc)

my SMIC i think made the most difference out of everything i have on my car.

wouldn't smic+downpipe > $700 ?

How many SMIC options are they out there now, I can't recall. Which one did you get Dr.Sound?

there are: CustomMSP, TurboHoses, CircuitSport.....
i have the last one.

and yeah, donwpipe is arround $250, SMIC arround $550

out of the two i would say downpipe is more essential.

Last edited:
yeah, same sentiments for the most part.

Exhaust, boost guage, MBC, colder plugs, shifter bushings, GM syncromesh tranny fluid, AWR front motor mount.

Latest posts

Back