only a little bit of oil

thecrash91

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey Guys,
The other day I noticed that there was some oil in my coolant, it was only about a tea spoon and it looked like a couple drops in the overflow. I also noticed my oil was a little low so i topped it off, ive been checking and so far the oil levels are still the same and my coolant doesnt have any more oil in it than it did last time i checked. what do you guys think it is?

this is what i think, right before i noticed the oil in the coolant i popped a coupler a couple days earlier, drove maybe 1-2 miles home and put that sucker right back on. in the past when this has happened i usually get a little oil that blows by the seals into the IC pipes (new turbo the seals are fine) it ONLY blows by when i pop a coupler. could some oil have blown by the seal in the turbo into the coolant section? like i said earlier its not that much oil, a teaspoon/tablespoon max. thanks for your input guys, this car has been a nightmare lately with so many problems!!

yeah thats what i planned on doing, but if its only a break between a coolant jacket and an oil jacket than i doubt compression test would show anything. will update when i have a better clue, my oil level has been pretty consistent, i mean i burn a little oil, but im pretty sure most boosted cars do because of the excess heat.

Boosted cars burn more oil because of higher levels of blow by, so yeah a little is no big deal. I seriously doubt you have a crack between your oil and coolant jacket though, wouldn't worry too much.

Back