Oil on intake manifold gasket??

I was looking for an air leak in my car and found that it was coming from a newly placed intake manifold gasket. Well when I wanted to check to see if I had left some old gasket on there when the intake gasket popped off and I found oil on it. Is this normal??? Did I not tighten it enough? or what's going on?

xYDdIBb.jpg

EDIT: I looked at the previous gasket, and I noticed that one has the orange outline raised. The one I had in it are completely flat. Did they give me the wrong gasket? Would be weird considering the gasket has the same part number.

YxwpCmI.jpg

Last edited:
I would make the initial guess that it's either a faulty PCV valve or excessive oil blow by. Reasons why people run oil catch cans. :) Got no insight on your gasket questions.

I would make the initial guess that it's either a faulty PCV valve or excessive oil blow by. Reasons why people run oil catch cans. :) Got no insight on your gasket questions.

Im actually having the hardest time sealing the intake manifold. Seems like no matter how I place it, there's still an air leak. It's mostly on the bottom of it, so I assume they're just not sealing completely. If it make any difference I actually took the manifold from a different protege cause I scored my pretty bad trying to remove the gasket.

Back