Official Exhaust Thread

Skunk2 has catback exhaust for P5, and I want something different.

Not to sound like a douche but I only found cat-backs for the MP3 and turbo application P5's??? I had some Skunk2 parts on my Honda and really liked the parts, especially because they have a racing background. And I totally agree with having something different and being original. Best of luck, man.

Not to sound like a douche but I only found cat-backs for the MP3 and turbo application P5's??? I had some Skunk2 parts on my Honda and really liked the parts, especially because they have a racing background. And I totally agree with having something different and being original. Best of luck, man.
Where is this exhaust made for turbo P5's???

You do know that if it fits a turbo P5 it will fit a regular P5, right? Hell, I've been looking for a 2.5"+ exhaust for the P5 for ages.

Just installed my GReddy EVO2 cat-back tonight. I took TreFlip999's idea and took lots of pics of the install for anyone who would like a better idea of what installing a cat-back involves. I'll post a thread soon.

I'm really happy with the tone, install and gains in the mid and upper RPM's. It does tend to drone around 3.5k rpm, right around 80mph which sucks, but maybe it will even out in a month or so. I don't mind it but I'm sure my girlfriend will say something. Haha.

Dude man LEWIS that is nice
i was hoping sumone would post up a picture of a EVO 2 ona P5 so i can see it b4 i get it
and now im really gona get it cause the Evo 2 sound is really good sound and it dont got that ricer sound like the skunk2 catback. thanks for the provided pictures of that nice catbak buddy

i was hoping sumone would post up a picture of a EVO 2 ona P5 so i can see it b4 i get it
and now im really gona get it cause the Evo 2 sound is really good sound and it dont got that ricer sound like the skunk2 catback. thanks for the provided pictures of that nice catbak buddy

you will love the evo2

No problem, that's why I posted pics because it was hard to find some on a P5. I've been wanting to get some good video with good audio of the new exhaust but it's been so windy and snowy here in Ohio, I'm not sure it would be an adequete depiction. But I'll take some video tomorrow and post it up.

I've had the exhaust on for about a week now and really like it. Probably my favorite exhaust to date. I've had a Ractive (Skunk2 style), APEXi Dunk, APEXi WS2 and APEXi N-1 on my Honda's and the APEXi Dunk was what I was hoping for again and this GReddy just nailed it. Great low growly tone and not too loud outside of the car. I was on my way home tonight and a VW reved at me at the light so I reved back to him with a thumbs up. He approved of the tone too. We chatted till the light turned green and he said it's good to see nice Mazda's on the streets. (cool)

That's the man who convinced me to buy it and he speaks the truth! Thanks again, BK.

well that mans got sum good taste fer exhausts
cause the evos got that different type of tone like no other
and its reall cleann sound
cause ive heard alot of EVO 2s on S2k's maximas and Type S's and wow i luv that low tone
how much u get that evo2 for?

well that mans got sum good taste fer exhausts
cause the evos got that different type of tone like no other
and its reall cleann sound
cause ive heard alot of EVO 2s on S2k's maximas and Type S's and wow i luv that low tone
how much u get that evo2 for?

I totally agree. I didn't want anything too loud or raspy and the EVO2 is perfect. I bought it from apexr1.com for $485, probably the best deal online. Here's a direct link;
http://apexr1.stores.yahoo.net/mazda1.html

I can't say enough about the great customer service from that shop. I bought my short shifter, exhaust, intake and springs from them and plan on buying all my toys from them. So far about $1100 of my paycheck went to them. Haha

haha, its probably one of the best purchases ive made. i was going to sell last month, but nobody wanted to offer me enough. i love it though and i dont think id ever sell!!!

I totally agree. I didn't want anything too loud or raspy and the EVO2 is perfect. I bought it from apexr1.com for $485, probably the best deal online. Here's a direct link;
http://apexr1.stores.yahoo.net/mazda1.html

I can't say enough about the great customer service from that shop. I bought my short shifter, exhaust, intake and springs from them and plan on buying all my toys from them. So far about $1100 of my paycheck went to them. Haha

haha alrights thanks lewis thats alot of help man
and once agian ur ride is clean wit that evo2 dude

got my obx header today, install on saturday, so expect a write up =)

PB080582.jpg

PB080583.jpg

Last edited:
Well, we took some video this morning with my friends camera. I gotta warn you, it's not the best quality but I think it will work. It's cold and windy here in Ohio so you can hear the wind. Boo. My motor is stock but for an AEM short air intake and the GReddy EVO2 cat-back.

But hopefully this helps.

Sitting still, reving the motor;

Take off from a stop;

Coming up the street 2nd gear to 3rd gear;

Coming down the street downshift and take off again;

Lewis, sounds really good man! I'd like to note tho that most of that noise is coming from the 'cold' side of the engine. Just sayin :p

Last edited:
Aww yeah! Very nice. I'll be waiting for those clips too. Did you do the 2nd O2 sensor mod? Apparently after 75-100 miles you'll get the CEL.

Aww yeah! Very nice. I'll be waiting for those clips too. Did you do the 2nd O2 sensor mod? Apparently after 75-100 miles you'll get the CEL.

i did it, but i kind of half assed it, and didnt drill it well enough. so the o2 sensor is plugged in. ill drill out the rest of the non fouler tonight.

Back