Off to Iraq in January

B

BeachVibes

I'm off to Iraq this coming January and my lovely Protege5 will be all alone for a year. My question to the board is : What do you guys recommend I do to prepare her? I will be storing her at either a storage company or a friend's garage but I'm trying to figure out if I need to drain her of fluids or any other things that you can recommend for a year long storage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Matt

I just spent a year over there myself. I left my P5 in storage and had my father come start it up once every couple of weeks. It ran perfectly when I came home on midtour leave, and great when I came home for good. I made sure I changed all my fluids upon returning mostly because it was due to happen anyways, but Im sure it wouldnt hurt even if it wasnt.
Well, good luck over there and keep your head down. Im not going to ask where youre going or what youre going to be doing, just be safe and make sure you bring your buddies home.

Good luck and god bless dude! I'm hardcore against this war, but I know you all are doing your best and would rather be here safe with family and loved ones. Ten years in the Navy here, no wartime action, thank God (1978-1988).
As the last post said... come home safe and bring your buddies back in one piece!
BeachVibes said:
I'm off to Iraq this coming January and my lovely Protege5 will be all alone for a year. My question to the board is : What do you guys recommend I do to prepare her? I will be storing her at either a storage company or a friend's garage but I'm trying to figure out if I need to drain her of fluids or any other things that you can recommend for a year long storage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Matt

Latest posts

Back