Odometer Question

Nitewolf88

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So this may come off as completely ridiculous but I took apart my instrument cluster on my '03 P5 and when putting it back together I noticed that my odometer is constantly on. Keys out, doors closed still on. Has it always been like that or did I mess something up?

All I did was remove the door ajar bulb. However that bulb was in the circuit board. Could that have triggered it by opening the circuit?

Can't say without seeing a diagram but if that's the only thing you changed, seems so. Why did you do that?

Because of the alarm system the previous owner installed the light was always on. I figured it was easier to remove the light than to chase wires and find the reason out was making that light on.

OK. Thank you. And now that I thought that I had messed that up I know have to try and figure out where to put the needle on my speedometer... Snow Ball effect for no reason.. Fail

There's a timer on it,...

VERY low power either way... (ignore it)

Last edited:
Ok well now I have another question.. How do you get the speedometer needle to go on correctly? I cant get it to move freely the way it used to, now it sticks.

mine is on for a few minutes with out keys in or door open but it shuts off after that

Back