OBX manifold?

Gvineprotege

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #274
Ok, so my stock calaway manifold is cracked. Boost is maxing out at 5. The whole nine yards. So now I have to add an exhaust manifold to my list of parts. Is the OBX manifold decent? I've heard good and bad. Well. Bad being it breaks, and good being it does it's job.

The people I've heard say it sucks were running fairly high boost for our cars. (12+)
So will it be reliable for stock boost, and will I be able to run no more than 10psi with out fear of ruining another manifold? I'm not really looking to shell out the $450+ for the steedspeed, BUT if the OBX won't do the job. Then i might as well do it right te first time. I just don't want to buy more than I need.

From what I hear the OBX is fair but apparently all the fuss is about a guy on here that custom makes exhaust mani's called popeperformance.com
I'm also in the market for a new mani and definately don't wanna dish out $450 for one but if it needs to be done right I suppose it's worth the cost. Do you know of any others
For sale ?

Ok, so my stock calaway manifold is cracked. Boost is maxing out at 5. The whole nine yards. So now I have to add an exhaust manifold to my list of parts. Is the OBX manifold decent? I've heard good and bad. Well. Bad being it breaks, and good being it does it's job.

The people I've heard say it sucks were running fairly high boost for our cars. (12+)
So will it be reliable for stock boost, and will I be able to run no more than 10psi with out fear of ruining another manifold? I'm not really looking to shell out the $450+ for the steedspeed, BUT if the OBX won't do the job. Then i might as well do it right te first time. I just don't want to buy more than I need.
The cracked mani is not what is causing the car to only run 5psi, that is from the wastegate or a boost leak. And boost is not what cracked the manifold the worn stock motor mounts and/or missing exhaust mani hardware are what cause them to crack. The OBX mani you are looking at is for a T3 turbo so it will not fit the stock turbo without an adapter which may cause the exhaust to not line up properly.
Do it once and do it right, pope or steedspeed should each last you just fine, just be sure to get a T2 flanged mani if you have the stock turbo.

Ive heard The OBX is good if you get the welds reinforced however like hornsfan said its a t3. I don't know if its still for sale bur if you look up signature auto on Facebook he had a sick steed speed for sale. Btw 450 is cheap for a good manifold.

Just go with a cheap t3/t4 with the obx manifold. Boo ya, room to grow.
But not too cheap of a turbo.

Latest posts

Back