OBX Header Help?!?!?!

Ok so trying to install my OBX header basically everything has gone ok so far but ran into a slight problem. the gasket ring on the stock front pipe and TWC is basically falling apart as i try to get it off. First off...how important is this gasket that it be completely intact??

I tried to go to checker and get a new one but they didn't have the part...so i'm going to try mazda in the morning but does anybody know the actual type of gasket or part number i need??

Help me please!!! my car is sitting in the garage right now

I dont know the part number, but just tell mazda that you need a donut gasket for the stock manifold. Same thing happened to me. The thing just disintegrated.

Theyre made of graphite or somethign ,adn do come apart easily... That being said, I've had my donut gasket on and off about 5 times now without problems.

I'm pretty sure they contain lead. It melts when heated up a bit to seal things nicely

Mine welded itself to my stock manifold and I destroyed it getting it off. I ordered a new one from mazdastuff.com.

BP48-40-581A Down pipe -to- primary cat gasket $12.31

viVid said:
Mine welded itself to my stock manifold and I destroyed it getting it off. I ordered a new one from mazdastuff.com.

BP48-40-581A Down pipe -to- primary cat gasket $12.31

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I went to my dealer, and with this part number, was able to get wholesale prices on this and the other gasket needed, only 25 for the pair. If you need either, tell the dealer you found this online, they may price match.

Back