OBD II Data Loggers

Spooler

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
Hello,

My car is experiencing pretty bad hesitation, mainly the first time I go WOT during a trip or after driving at constant speed for sometime then trying to push it (eg, trying to pass someone, not fun at all). The car has no power at all as soon as I hit boost, it comes back after sometime (can't tell if it's full power though). Car was taken to the dealership to see if a reflash was necessary but the car has the latest calibration. MAF was cleaned, no change. Plugs were changed too. Boost seems at normal levels, ~5.5/6.5, spiking to 7.5 at WOT. Vaccum is solid at 23mmHg. So I rule out a vaccum leak. Boost gauge "bounces" between 10 and 20 mmHg at partial throttle, I posted a thread on this before but I had no answers for it. Car is stock. Before I start taking stuff apart, I am considering purchasing a OBDII Data logger to see exactly what is going on, then share the results on this forum to get some feedback. There are several models on the net (CarChip, Auterra DashDyno, etc....), I was wondering if someone has some suggestions on models. Also, any comments on the symptoms listed above are appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that one. But it doesn't data log. I think that is the key feature I should look for, be able to compare different parameters side by side. DashDaq makes a really cool one, so does Auterra DashDyno.

Back