o2 voltage clamp with ss afc?

fLyPiNoY7

Return of the Evil Monkey
:
2003 Sunlight Silver Protege5
so im reading all of these posts about how the aem f/ic needs an o2 clamp to keep the ecu from learning around the tune...and it occurred to me, wouldnt the split second afc need one too?...im having problems with the car running a little lean when first getting into boost (probably in closed loop), but then it would become more rich as the rpms increased (open loop)...im thinking it would make tuning a whole lot less of a pain in the ass for me...

both of them have built in o2 clmaps the only difference is im not a big fan of the wat the f/ic's o2 clamp tables are so thats why i will be using a fm o2 clamp

hmm...looks like i just need to tune it more then...ok, thanks guys

In the R4 software you can change your o2 clamp settings rpm vs pressure or rpm and pressure

go to the options tab
go to output settings
output b is the o2 clamp settings, and towards the bottom you can change pressure values or rpm values (over pressure and over rpm), if you change the pressure values to -1 or so the ecu will be forced into open loop before it goes into boost.

ahh yes...i figured that what forces control onto the afc...i have mine set to -2 right now since it tends to run way too rich without that control (doesnt seem like the ecu is compensating)

Latest posts

Back