NOobish Questions about the MSP and its gt2554r

asubimmer

Well I am looking for either a gt25r or a gt28r for my car. I was wondering about what rpm most of the stockish msp's reach full boost. What is the stock psi?

on mine is supposed to be in the 6-6.5 psi range.. i dont have a boost gauge on yet, it's in the mail somewhere.. i hope.

but from driving i can feel boost coming around 3500 - 4000

Mine runs about 6.5-7.5 psi stock (but with other mods), and mine will begin to boost a whole lot lower than 3.5k rpm. It will start at as low as 2k just tooling up and down the hills in my neighborhood. I had a gauge hooked up temporarily and noticed I usually had full boost by 4k rpms under steady load and with traction.

Does the stock MSP Turbo have a:

7/16 Inverted Flare oil feed?
and
Have 14mm x 1.5 water ports?

DIY kit on a miata and I'm pretty sure this is right, but I'm ordering my oil/water lines custom and I needed to make sure.

Thanks guys...this will help both ASUBIMMER and I out :)

fr0st said:
on mine is supposed to be in the 6-6.5 psi range.. i dont have a boost gauge on yet, it's in the mail somewhere.. i hope.

but from driving i can feel boost coming around 3500 - 4000

thats vtec NIGGA..

my msp made boost at like 1200 rpms..

lag is not an issue with a t20series turbo. there is none.

especially if you replace the factory downpipe and exhaust system and get an intercooler that is less then a 4psi restriction/

KySpeed said:
thats vtec NIGGA..

my msp made boost at like 1200 rpms..

lag is not an issue with a t20series turbo. there is none.

v-tec ? i don't think were talking about the same thing here.. (uhm)

mazda has a vcts or vics s*** at 4k... I dunno.. I've been out of the mazda thing for awhile. I busted the hell out of my driveline then parted out and bought a evo

wich is a 2.3 and is nasty.. but the 4k+ pull you feel is the vcts... similar to VTEC in a honda

KySpeed said:
mazda has a vcts or vics s*** at 4k... I dunno.. I've been out of the mazda thing for awhile. I busted the hell out of my driveline then parted out and bought a evo

wich is a 2.3 and is nasty.. but the 4k+ pull you feel is the vcts... similar to VTEC in a honda

Im pretty sure it kickes in at about 5-5200rpms. No were near vtec though.

Back