No switched 12V outlet??

:
ss
I'm trying to use a Garmin GPS unit but my CX-5 doesn't appear to have a switched 12V outlet.

There's an always on 12V outlet in the rear console but only USB ports in the front.

Am I missing something or is this how it is? Garmin's go into PC mode when plugged into USB ports and I really don't like using an always on 12V outlet.

It would be helpful if you told us more about your CX-5. In particular, what year and trim level (and options)?

'16 Touring w/Bose + Tech. Packages

My 2013 Touring w/Bose + Tech Package has a switched 12v outlet in the cubby area under the stereo and an un-switched 12v outlet in the center console.

Did the electric parking brake displace the switched outlet?

My 2013 Touring w/Bose + Tech Package has a switched 12v outlet in the cubby area under the stereo and an un-switched 12v outlet in the center console.

Did the electric parking brake displace the switched outlet?

On the 2016s with tech packages, the only 12v outlets are the one in the center console, and one in the rear cargo area. In the center console well under the climate system, there is only the SD card slot for the Nav and two USB ports. No 12v outlet there anymore.

If you've got the Tech Package you got the built-in GPS. Why bother with an extra Garmin unit?

You mean the TomTom? That's like saying (take your pick);

"You already have a Crescent wrench, why bother with a set of box/open wrenches?"

"You already have a moped, why bother with a sport-touring motorcycle?".

"You already have a bow saw, why bother with a chainsaw?"

"You already have a shovel, why bother with a backhoe?"

Mazda's NAV unit is absolutely terrible. It's like 20 year old Rev 1 GPS technology. Garmin is is sooo much better. I wish Garmin would produce an SD card that could convert the Mazda head unit into their GPS.

I love the CX-5 in every other way.

Back