No air on fan speed 2 or 3

:
2001 Mazda Protege ES 2.0, 2015 Mazda3i Touring
Well, before my fan speed knob got ripped off by my careless father I would only have working air conditioning on 1 and 4, the AC light would shut off on 2 or 3, I remember reading something about it but does anyone have this issue too or know a solution to it?

Look in the How-To section under " Solution to Flickering Fan Speed". This has been covered time and time again. Very common for our cars. Major problem is the connector on back.

Last edited:
It is a PITA to get to it all in there as well. I replaced the switch that made it lots better but of course not perfect. Soldering the connectiions would do it.

Actually really simple and easy. Detach both wire connections that are on the levers on the box, pull at the top of the air vents towards you to detach the trim with controller and all, unclip the two connections to include the hazard clip as well and the whole thing comes out. Once you do it, it's like second nature.

Follow the steps in the "How to: Replacing A/C Control Panel LEDs" to remove the controller attached to the panel/trim and then the steps in the " Solution to Flickering Fan Speed ".

Last edited:
Back