Nice blog on mods on CX5

The surprising detail I found here are evidence of front parking sensors. It's something I don't think Mazda offers in US. Not sure about EU or other markets. They offer a rather useless rear parking sensor package but it would have been great if they had offered the front ones. I, for one might have considered it.

Hey, they found something to do with that little cubby in the dash!!

The surprising detail I found here are evidence of front parking sensors. It's something I don't think Mazda offers in US. Not sure about EU or other markets. They offer a rather useless rear parking sensor package but it would have been great if they had offered the front ones. I, for one might have considered it.

The GT and Akera models here in Oz have front park assist (parking sensors) as standard.

Aussie,

Have you worked out how they activate? Sometimes you start to park/parking and you look down to the button to find that its not on, so you manually activate, but other times I started to park/or parking and you look down and its activated. Haven't looked into it that deeply yet, but it does create a bit of confusion.

Aussie,

Have you worked out how they activate? Sometimes you start to park/parking and you look down to the button to find that its not on, so you manually activate, but other times I started to park/or parking and you look down and its activated. Haven't looked into it that deeply yet, but it does create a bit of confusion.

Both front and rear sensors are automatically activated whenever reverse gear is selected but the parking sensors can also be "manually" switched on when driving forwards by pushing the dash mounted button at vehicle speeds under approximately 20km/h.

Back